View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2004
Enthusiast

sonnet is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by et voilą
The freeloader setting does nothing at all!!! It was working in old versions (I think) but not anymore as you can't tell surely if someone is freeloading.

Ciao
The freeloader settings in the newest version, 4.0, do not work?

I am using an older version; sorry don't have it in front of me, but will guess 3.5.8 or something like that.

After perusing this thread, I decided last night to disallow freeloaders. If they are discouraged, soon they will learn they HAVE to share, and that is tough love.

Last night I set my freeloaders so they had to share 100 files. Nothing. So I set it to 50. Nothing. 35. Nothing. At 20, I finally started getting uploads.

While I realize they may be sharing monster-sized programs, they may only be sharing 20 mp3s. I upped it this morning back to 35, but am tempted to clear all files and set it to 50 for 24 hours just to see how many can get in. I share 428 files at the moment, anc could add more, but some of mine are older and may not be as popular. I don't think a setting of 50 is unreasonable, I think someone sharing only 20 files ...

Anyway, the freeloaders settings definitely still work in my version.

PowerMac G4 933 with ISP Brighthouse/Roadrunner broadband 15/2 connection running Mac OS X 10.2.8

~~~~~~~~

Details of my computer (firewall, RAM, hard disk), network set-up, country, and all can be found here: http://limewiresettings.jottit.com/