View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2004
Disciple

amatulic is flying high
Default Re: The Game Is Afoot

Quote:
Originally posted by chicagojohn
Actually, that error code contains a wealth of information and you can find out all about. Go directly to MS Support page and do a search (takes about three seconds) for the error code. It will give you a direct answer.
It didn't give me a helpful or clear answer.

Quote:
I'm guessing the file has a long name ro was changed to a longer name. If this is the case, change it to something shorter. I have had to do this many times with LW files in WMP. It isn't LW's fault it is the fault of the choder head that exceeds the allowance for filenames. LW didn't corrupt the file it was probably confused when the file was changed--yes even annotated. I believe WMP attaches annotations in the string for the filename though you don't see it.
Well, I fixed it. I downloaded the Quintessential Player (awesome program by the way, and free), which also has the capability to annotate MP3 files. Noticing that it could play the files where WMP couldn't, I annotated them again using Quintessential. Voila! Suddenly WMP could play them again.

Limewire is doing something that WMP doesn't like, but as you suggest, that's not necessarily the fault of LW but rather some bug in WMP.

Anyway, thanks for all the helpful replies.

-Alex