View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2004
Nothingtolose

Thumbs down No more connection

I'm a student, have been using various versions of LW for a while and just got PRO. Until now I've never had a problem, have been using it here at school for about a week or so. Immediately after downloading the latest PRO version, my network connection goes down for a while. When it comes back up I can eventually use all of my messenger programs and everything else, but I can't connect to LW for even a second. I don't know if PRO is more offensive to things that search for bandwith sucking people on a network than Basic, or if I'm just really, really unlucky. Not that I even get a reliable download all the time which is why I finally got PRO because I thought it might help me avoid all the AS and NmS messages. I tried the quick pref fix and it didn't work like I figured it wouldn't. Is there ANY way for me to maybe mask to the network which ports I'm sending from that would prevent them from blocking certain actions since I'm sure that's what it is. I've had my network dropped randomly other times but once it came back there were no ill effects, not like this. I'm kind of pissed that once I finally pay for the program it ceases to be of any use to me...

G4 Ti Powerbook
Mac OSX 10.2.8
LW 4.0.8
1Ghz
1Gig Ram
384k DSL(?)
and stuff

Help. Or lemme know if I'm just SOL.