View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2004
Novicius

gregb is flying high
Unhappy

Okay, I tried this and here is what happened:

1. I tried reinstalling java at the address supplied. There was a messge at download completion that read 'The ShrinkWrap engine has reported an error'. However, java seemed to reinstall properly and without problems.

2. In the Extension Manager, I reverted back to "OS 9.2.2. base" instead of 'my settings', restarted the iMac and then reinstalled LimeWire.

This time the application seemed to install properly and saved an alias on the desktop (square with green plug icon). I clicked on this to open LimeWire and during the start-up the following message flashed up;

'Your save directory is not valid. It may have been deleted, you may not have permissions to write to it, or there may be another problem. Please choose a different directory'.

So I tried:
Saving on different areas of the hard drive - preferences, Mac OS 9 applications, system folder. Each time, the same 'save directory' message kept flashing up.

Then I went back to the Extensions manager and reverted to "OS 9.2.2. all" and started all over again, but still the same 'save directory' message came back.

What should I do now? I'm not really an expert but reckon something has changed since my hard drive was re-installed.

Can you help me?

Greg