View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2004
Devotee

JayG is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Can u supply us all your specifics of your comp. G3 model, speed, ram, connection type, hard dd's & their sizes & speeds & types, OS version, Java version, & any other details u can think of. Which 3rd party utilities do you have? Do u use other apps at same time as LW? Are u on a network & how is it set up in regards to u using LW? Do u save locally?
Machine Model: Power Macintosh G3 Series
CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (83.2) @ 500 mhz
Boot ROM Version: 154
Ram = 640 meg
Primary Hard drive = 6 gig
secondary hard drive = 80 gig
Os = 10.3.5
Java Webstsrt = 2.0.2
Java 1.4.2 plugin settings = 2.1.1
Java 1.3.1 plugin settings = 2.0.0
Connection is comcast cable via a Belkin router, with no traffic on the network, though there's an idle PC on the network.
I'm also running Dragthing, Explorer, PandoCalender, and may or may not be running Carracho (same effect either way)
Files, both complete and incomplete are saved to the 80 gig drive.

The permissions fix this last time (I left LW running all night and day and when I came home I had to do a warm boot because the drive showed only 23 meg of free space left and system response was measured in macroseconds) showed:

We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util. New permissions are 33261
Permissions differ on ./private/var/log/install.log, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rw-r-----
Owner and group corrected on ./private/var/log/install.log
Permissions corrected on ./private/var/log/install.log
Permissions differ on ./private/var/log/wtmp, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rw-r-----
Owner and group corrected on ./private/var/log/wtmp
Permissions corrected on ./private/var/log/wtmp

I hope this helps. As a quick fix, if I could tell the program to use the larger drive as the workspace disk it would at least keep me from crashing on a daily basis.

Jay

Last edited by Peerless; September 7th, 2004 at 08:08 PM.