View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2004
Valued Member contributor

rkapsi is flying high
Default Re: Re: Re: A whoops or two in LW 4.0.8 for Mac

Quote:
The last version opened iTunes, placed the song in the music library, and played it, using the iTunes controls. This version plays it via the Limewire player control at the screen-bottom, and does NOT open iTunes. Nor does it enter it into the iTunes library, which means I have to do that manually, now. So, what does the iTunes support button do if it has no connection to iTunes?
I didn't said that! I said there is no connection between "iTunes Support" and the integrated Player or the Preview/Launch button. It transfers only newly downloaded songs to iTunes. Files that you already have on the Disk stay entirely untouched by "iTunes Support".

If LimeWire's build in player is enabled then will Launch and Preview open songs in the build in Player and if it is disabled then they trigger an "open /Path/To/File.mp3" on the CLI.

Quote:
Hmm... Okay, then it should exist. If my main disk was larger I would want completed files to be saved there, but still want the incomplete crap to accumulate on a scratch disk where it didn't waste space.
Take a look at this and open then ~/Library/Preferences/LimeWire/limewire.props in TextEdit. As a computer professional with forty years in the computer field with experience from logic design to programming you should be able combine the information you see in both files.

Quote:
No chance. You're talking to a computer professional with forty years in the computer field, from logic design to programming.
OK

Quote:
They had tubes in the things when I came on board, so I'm not taking stabs in the dark, here. The memory leak takes place when others download from me, not the other way around. And in any case, the drop in free space is unconnected to the rate data is arriving, which is usually lethargic, only the upload rate, which is often running at the max my cable connection can handle (and yes, I reduced the bandwith, which did slow the rate of leakage). And finally: It's not me screwing up the permissions. That only happens when I run Limewire.
Did you upgraded Java to 1.4.2_05 (recent Java Update)? You said you have a 6GB boot disk, is it also the swap disk? I'm asking because:

a) 1.4.2_05 on OSX seems to have a bug in the Garbage Collector which lets the Real/Virtual Memory grow until the JVM runs out of memory or maybe b)

b) as your boot disk is quite small and if the swapfiles are kept on the same volume then you can run out of disk space. If it happens next time take a look at the Virtual Memory and /private/var/vm.

There's some discussion in the LimeWire Beta forum.

Quote:
I don't mean to be insulting, and I know how hard you guys are working to make the product better, but this release was not ready for prime time. Something like the preferences not being moved over tells me that your guys are testing for success rather than failure, because they "know" that teeny little change they made won't effect anything important.

Test plans... You gotta love them.
That is utter crap and an insulting for everyone who is participating on LimeWire.

http://www.limewire.org
http://bugs.limewire.com/bugs/home.jsp