View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2004
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Ringo Chen
I don't mean to be argumentive here Morgwen but "whois" is an open source utility and as such anyone using the "whois" utility can access any server that is also runing, finger, gopher, whois etc..
I know that everybody can access the data BUT you arenīt allowed to post this data, without permission, on a public forum - CHECK THE TERMS!

Quote:
What I mean by personal property Morgwen is my computer, legally it's considered "Personal Property" because it can be moved, it's not fixed in location. And if you or anyone were to send me a virus you'd be in deep sh** I assure you. What I was saying in my orginal post was (if you read it) my son was looking for guitar tabs (which by the way are not copywrited and are public domain. There are many sites that post them legally) Several marketing companies are naming their hijack, malwarez etc .. after any popular software - informational ebooks - MPEG - JPEG -- anything to make YOU believe you've found what your looking for ... until you run the application .. then your hosed.
You can always sue those companies, I think this will harm them more than posting their IPs...

Morgwen