View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2001
Unregistered

Default Thanx for the reply...

I'm anxious to see segmented downloading applied. As for the chat feature, I agree that an IRC tie in is not the way to go. What would be great (and seems like an easy implementation) would be a 1 on 1 messaging system where you could send a message to one person who was on your upload/download/host list (who is also using Phex of course). There is no need for chat rooms, I agree. But sometimes when using the gnutella network, you want to warn people that a file they are downloading isn't great quality, or that you have to stop they're downloads while you reboot etc etc, and I think an implementation of a 1 on 1 instant messaging system would do the trick. Just my opinion of course

Hrmm, would it de difficult to make a separate messaging system that piggybacked on Phex??? Kinda like how AIMster piggybacked on AIM. Then (i'm assuming) it would not slow down the performance of phex and would be a separate entity for those who wanted it. If someone could tell me if it's possible, and how to do it...i just might start working on it.