View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2004
Novicius

branleigh is flying high
Default My Search Results Window comes up blank

Hello-

I'm running Windows XP OS, have a cable connection and have LimeWire version 4.0.5. I am able to connect to LimeWire- in fact, my connection shows all bars green and says "excellent".

However, when I've logged in the past few times, the search results/downloads in progress screens to the right come up blank. I am able to use the on-screen arrow fucntions to go in to reconfigure/enlarge the download screen so that it is diplayed. But the search results screen is a problem. No matter what I do to try and adjust so it shows up, nothing happens. I have tinkered with the preferences/options menu, but nothing I see there seems to be connected to this issue.

I've made sure to download the most current version of Java, but nothing seems to be helping. Any ideas?

If I do need to uninstall/re-install LimeWire (which based on what I have read, I suspect may be the case) then may I do so without losing my downloaded files?

I thank everyone in advance for your help- keep in mind I'm a bit green on this type of stuff so if I come off as a bit of a dolt, I apologize.