View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2004
Novicius

gallew is flying high
Unhappy mp3 files won't play in Quicktime

Hello everybody,

(Please excuse any errors as I'm pretty new to forums.)

I'm running OS 8.6 on an imac and have been using Limewire with no problem. Suddenly Limewire started launching the mp3 files I've downloaded in RealPlayer format, as opposed to Quicktime previously (which, unlike RealPlayer, could be read by itunes when i transferred files to my laptop,)
Then it gave me a load of "internal error" messages, so I got rid of my old Limewire and downloaded the latest Limewire for OS Classic but it still launches Real Player, or else downloads the mp3s as a "Limewire Document" which nothing will read at all - not even the Limewire launch button - and which can't be loaded into the file Exchange Control Panel as anything but Acrobat Reader (useless!).

I have no "Player" menu in the tools/options menu (can't think why, it goes straight from Chat to Bug) so cannot change to another preferred mp3 player.

I've searched the forum and tried applying some of the helpful tips (file exchange panel etc.) but it's still not working. Has anyone else encountered these (unreadable) "Limewire document" files? I really don't get why it suddenly changed. Can anyone advise? Is there something really obvious I've forgotten to do? It's driving me crazy!

Thank you...!