View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

A local! heh! I'm further south of you. Yeah I've done heaps. once you've digitised them though, you'll notice any background noises such as scratches & hisses much more than when you play back the vinyl.
Depending on what type of comp you have, you'll hopefully have a stereo input at the back. Connect this to your stereo (generally a 3.5 mm plug for your comp: go to your local electonics store & get a 3.5mm to RCA adaptor.) Now you'll need an audio app to handle the recording. Audacity is a Free editor which will allow you to record & save as wav/aiff file (don't forget to dwnld the manual & plaug-in xtras! They're separate dwnlds!) It will also allow you to edit/separate the tunes & apply any needed filters such as for filtering out any background noise & equalising the sound if need be. (I use Sound Edit II for mac & Peak) Once you've done these things, you can then use Audacity to dsave the tunes as mp3 types of your choice. There are a wide choice of apps to do this I just made a simple but efective suggestion. Even some cd burner apps come with their own recording & editing xtras.