View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2004
Not ready to give up yet

Default Limewire Not Working Yet

I have windows XP home with SP2 and like many of you, i am not able to get limewire to work. I have allowed through windows firewall, changed the port number and added that port to the firewall, tried using a different firewall, tried turning off all firewalls, tried unchecking connect at startup and tool tips, uninstalling and reinstalling limewire, uninstalling and reinstalling the beta version, deleting the preference folder, disabling ultrapeer, downloading a hotfix from microsoft, and even tried putting a spell on it with the help of this very unusual person that lives down the hall. Alas, nothing seems to work. I just read a post to try and start up limewire as soon as you turn on your computer before surfing the web or anything, so I am about to try that(cross my fingers), but I don't expect that to work either. If there is anyone out there who knows another tip that i have missed reading, or something new to try, please let me know, If anything happens to work for me I'll let you know, and hopefully it will help others. Good luck to all in the search for connection.