Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Connection Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire or WireShare program connecting to the Gnutella network. (not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)

Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 26th, 2007
slvrgalant slvrgalant is offline
Novicius
 
Join Date: October 26th, 2007
Posts: 2
slvrgalant is flying high
Default Firewall Problem

Firewall won't let me connect to any sources???????how do i solve this
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old October 26th, 2007
birdy's Avatar
birdy birdy is offline
Airhead
 
Join Date: October 18th, 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 926
birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation
Default

Please give us your details
System details - help us to help you -> Provide these details when you post!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 26th, 2007
slvrgalant slvrgalant is offline
Novicius
 
Join Date: October 26th, 2007
Posts: 2
slvrgalant is flying high
Default

1.windows xp
2.not aware of any i have??
3.?
4.?
5. cable
6.Rca model dcm425
7.home
8. limewire 4.14.10................java 1.7.0_02
9.Time warner cable
10. it says "your test worked"
11.No
12.no i already had it runnin but for some reason it behind a firewall now
13. yes
14.dunno
15.from what i know just norton antivirus
16.USA
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 26th, 2007
malzex malzex is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: October 26th, 2007
Posts: 9
malzex is flying high
Default Duckin bhind Firewall

What's up everyone? I have a problem with my limewire. I did everything I can think of and I still can't get the globe 2 come from behind the wall. What can I do so I can connect 2 my limewire once again?

1. I have Windows XP
2. I running a McAfee Anti-Virus & Firewall
3.
4. 16.2
5. I connected thru DSL that always connected
6. I just my DSL modem connected straight 2 my computer Modem # E1016A
7. I connected from my home
8. I'm runnin Limewire 4.14.10 and Java 1.6.0_02
9. Net@homeXpress
10. I did that and it pass!!

Can some1 please help!! Thanks
11. I'm not sharing the connection with other computers!!
12. I'm xperience and it's a new problem 4 me about a week old!!
13. Yes I'm seeing a brick wall in front of the globe
14. IDK
15. Using McAfee
16. South Carolina (U.S.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 26th, 2007
birdy's Avatar
birdy birdy is offline
Airhead
 
Join Date: October 18th, 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 926
birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation
Default

slvrgalant,
XP has it's own firewall. Check that it's allowing LW.
User Cant Connect - LimeWire

Delete LW's preferences folder when LW's properly closed. See point 3 here & also point 2 if you've used older versions of LW in the past (there could be a folder in either location).
Fixes for LimeWire
This will change all of your settings within options, you'll have to go back through afterwards & reset things. If you're not sure of your settings, go through LW's tools > options & write them all down, so that you can reset things later.

Some people have had connection problems with the Java version that you have. You can either try updating to the latest version here (I have this one & LW's working fine): Java SE Downloads
or try this older version, which has worked well for lots of people: Archive: Download Java 2 Platform Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 Update 11
Whichever Java version you use, download the JRE offline installer & remove any other Java versions before installing another one.


malzex,
Make sure that the Windows firewall's off & that McAfee's allowing LW. Try removing the LW rules within McAfee's configuration & then start from scratch & add new rules for LW. The link below might help.
Port Forwarding for the McAfee Security Center

Then delete the preferences folder & try different Java versions, as I told slvrgalant.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 26th, 2007
malzex malzex is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: October 26th, 2007
Posts: 9
malzex is flying high
Default

How do I go about and delete every folder of limewire?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 27th, 2007
birdy's Avatar
birdy birdy is offline
Airhead
 
Join Date: October 18th, 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 926
birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation
Default

Sorry...I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean how to delete the preferences folder? Just have a look at that link 'fixes for LW' & you'll see both the old & new folder locations.

Or, do you want to remove all traces of LW from your computer?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 27th, 2007
malzex malzex is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: October 26th, 2007
Posts: 9
malzex is flying high
Default I Tried

I tried that method u told me more than once and still can't get Limewire 2 connect thru that firewall!! Anything else that I'm missin or doing wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 27th, 2007
malzex malzex is offline
Apprentice
 
Join Date: October 26th, 2007
Posts: 9
malzex is flying high
Default Need 2

Do I need 2 delete all traces of LW?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 27th, 2007
birdy's Avatar
birdy birdy is offline
Airhead
 
Join Date: October 18th, 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 926
birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation
Default

No, you don't have to do that yet

When you deleted the preferences folder, did you make sure that LW was closed? Otherwise it won't work. And did you also look for a folder in the old and new locations? After you deleted the folder(s), did all of your settings within LW's options change back to default?

If you're sure you deleted that prefs folder properly, try changing Java versions & see if that makes any difference. Use the older version of Java, it's pretty reliable. Reboot your computer after installing the new Java.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sorry, another firewall problem... nesssa Connection Problems 2 December 16th, 2008 01:14 PM
problem connecting, used to work fine, firewall detected when firewall is turned off DinoSandwich Connection Problems 1 August 22nd, 2008 02:04 PM
I have a firewall problem zoocatcher General Vista, Windows 7 or later Support 1 December 19th, 2007 01:29 PM
Another firewall problem gazza325 Connection Problems 2 July 21st, 2007 08:32 AM
Firewall problem... rs902005 Connection Problems 10 September 24th, 2005 10:04 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Copyright © 2026 Gnutella Forums
All Rights Reserved