Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2005
Novicius

bob the camper is flying high
Unhappy The "disk problem" problem

I've seen this subject posted in a few forums, but this seems the most logical place for it. Apparently several people, myself included are experiencing this.

The problem: when reaching 100% on a download, LimeWire will show "disk problem" under Status. It doesn't happen with every download, so it's an intermittent thing. It just happens to be the files I most want, and when this occurs, needless to say the file doesn't get saved. This isn't a connection issue, as some downloads are possible, and this problem only occurs at the END of a download.

I have seen a number of replies suggesting bad drives or limited disk space. This is not the cause. I don't know what the cause is, but I have tried changing my download folder to different partitions on the same drive as well as different physical drives, all of which are working well and have more than enough room. So when this problem occurs, it appears to have nothing to do with the actual drive at all.

As for system and program information, I am using the most recent LimeWire basic available (4.9.37), on a clean and well-maintained Windows 2000 machine with many drive partitions of varying free space.

Since no one else who has posted about this problem seems to have much knowledge about their own computers, I'm hoping this slightly more detailed post from an experienced semi-techy type will bring different results Any ideas?
Old December 25th, 2005
Novicius

jacobcat is flying high

I'm also having these Disk Problem problems, most of the time (it's like the successful downloads rates 2 out of 10 downloads). Fortunately, when I check the downloads that are having the Disk Problem problems in the Incomplete folder, the downloads seem complete.

However, it would be really nice if this Disk Problem problem gets fixed.
Old December 25th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

jacobcat

How much free hard drive space do you have

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa
Old December 26th, 2005
Novicius

jacobcat is flying high

I still have almost 2GB free space, and the files I'm downloading only costs around 170MB each. Actually I can still retrieve the files from the incomplete folder when I'm having disk problem errors.... it's just that it couldn't make its way to the Shared folder.

When I retrieved the files having that problem, it's already complete.

Just a few hours ago, however, I'm now getting Complete downloads lately, for 5 files. I don't know when i'm gonna have the disk problem error again.

Anyway, as long as I could still get the files completely that should be fine, however I'd like to have this problem fixed.
Old December 26th, 2005
Novicius

Tchola is flying high
Angry I have the disk problem too

Hi, I'm sorry about my english, I'm brazilian, but I have the disk problem too, my PC is a pentiumIV 3.0 and I've got more than 74 Gb so I think that's not my problem. Anyone has any solution? Thanks.
Old January 4th, 2006
Novicius

jacobcat is flying high

I may have less than 2GB disk space, but I wonder why at this time I'm no longer getting Disk error problems?

What I noticed though is that as my download queue gets fewer, it's no longer having the problem. Before I used to queue up so many files in Limewire.
Old January 4th, 2006
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

Thanks for letting us know

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa
Old January 17th, 2006
Apprentice

darajo is flying high

I'm also having this problem and I have a 2.8g pentium system with a 200G hd drive - brand new with only about 20 G used. I've found that althought the files appear to be complete in the Incomplete section, they really are not saved to your hard drive - this becomes a problem when it takes so long to finish and then when they're almost done you can't wait for them to finish and then WHAM! I'd like to see this fixed or find some reason why this is happening.
Old January 25th, 2006
Ancient One

CrazyDawg is flying high

I'm getting the same thing as well. I am using LimeWire pro 4.10.5
I have 33.7gig space on my hard drive so its not a space problem.
I was abale to get 5 downloads before this problem started now every file since gives me the Disk Problem message under status...
Old January 26th, 2006
Disciple

LonestarSecurity is flying high

Depending on the size of your drive 2GB may not be sufficient on a resource stance.

20% is usually a good figure:

500GB = 100GB
400GB = 80GB
300GB = 60GB
250GB = 50GB
200GB = 40GB
160GB = 32GB
120GB = 24GB
80GB = 16GB
60GB = 12GB
40GB = 8GB
20GB = 4GB
8GB = 1.6GB

Follow this rule and you'll never be without free space.

Good Luck!