Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Re-search the topic, or/& cancel them from the downld window & re-select to downld from the search results.
If they are video files, then preview them directly from the incomplete folder. If they're complete then cancel from the downlds window & remove them from the incomplete folder. To access the incomplete folder, go to LW's Library window, select incomplete folder & press Explore button & this will open the folder up for you.
Old June 18th, 2006
Apprentice

azuki_bean is flying high

Thanks for all your help, everything seems to be working now, thanks!
Old August 7th, 2006
The Evil King

ganondorf_002 is flying high
Default The same problem

I read all the post, I do everything, I delete my PC, I use the Basic, the Pro version and I continue having the "abort", and another problem LimeWire just turn off without message, or erro report, eve if a using it. Thanks for the tips
Old August 7th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganondorf_002
... eve if a using it. Thanks for the tips
Are you asking for advice or saying you solved your problem?
Old August 7th, 2006
The Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
Are you asking for advice or saying you solved your problem?
No , but the problem is not to often, sometime happen, but if you download too many thing, the abort could happen.
But I hate this problem, and the best P2P is LimeWire, if you know a BETTER, no worst P2P program post it.
Old August 7th, 2006
The Evil King

I have a little problem LimeWire just turn off without message, or error report, even if a using it. I need help in this one too, I not resolve the abort problem but I control it a bit. Well sometime happens but not much.
Old August 7th, 2006
ContraBanned

Make a note of your settings & try deleting your LW Preferences folder whilst LW is closed; instructions here: Point #2 & 3 in Fixes for Limewire (sample image included at bottom of page.) Next time you open LW, you will need to reset all your options so 1st make a note of where your download folder is & other worthy settings.

Also see License requirement (click on link) & make a note of the settings suggested.

I presume you have LW version 4.12.4 right?
Old August 7th, 2006
The Evil King

Hey Lord, can you give me some help? to set up my router and the modem, opening ports, using BitTorrent?
Old December 16th, 2006
Novicius

zatsoitchy is flying high
Default seemingly random abort

howdy,

so, i'm on a mac (10.4.8) with lw version 4.12.6 pro and java 1.5.0_06. i've not got many downloads, and i've plenty of space on my hard-drive. i've not checked any "don't bother me about such question" boxes and my incomplete folder is quite clean and small (<30 burgeoning files). and yet. . .aborted. this is not happening uniformly, nor does it happen with great regularity. i've no indicator of a firewall (my globe is fully visible) nor connection problems (neither with respect to limewire nor my general internet connection), and yet when it feels like it, limewire just seems to, without ever asking me, kill a download from time to time. all i'm asking for are ideas as to what it is that might be going on here.

now if i might add a 'moreover,' in addition to the random aborts, something quite strange happened with a 'resumed' aborted download: before being aborted, it claimed to be 98% complete or so, and yet after clicking resume from the library/incomplete window the file showed up in the downloads window initially as still being 98% done and then, when it successfully connected and started downloading, all the information was dropped and it went back to 0%. again, just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

thanks.
Old December 17th, 2006
ContraBanned

Try updating to the beta http://www.limewire.com/english/content/beta.shtml
At least the beta will or should resume from where the file was at. So it should have resumed at 98%. BTW if it was a video then at 98% it might have only missed out on the credits at the end. That's if of course the missing 2% are from the end of the file.

AFAIK if LW detects any form of corruption for a file & you had previously set it to cancel such downloads & "always use this answer" then that's why you get the aborted downloads. I guess the question is why your LW is detecting corruptions. It could be anything from interference from an AV program or similar utility, firewall, line drop outs, an old modem/router that's dropping packets/not parsing properly, you've used the describe function which gives the file a different description to the original hash you downloaded, you've used VLC player to preview the file & allowed it to "fix" the file which can also lead to problems, etc.

Reverting popups to default will at least give you the opportunity to decide whether to continue the downloads rather than them self-aborting. LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>View>Popups. Corruptions detected are when the file download(ed/ing) doesn't agree with the original hash of the file you downloaded. This may be a very minor detail & not necessarily a major corruption of the file data itself.