Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Open Discussion topics
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2005
Disciple

khubla is flying high
Default New Version 4.10.0

I downloaded the new update (Version 4.10) which has some new features. Does anyone know what the new icon "Junk" actually does, and how it does that. It eliminates "Junk" files but I'm not sure how it determines what is junk. I was hoping any new version would have a file size filter set by the users as a sure way of blocking the known virises and trojans that populate Gnutella but I guess that is not to be.

Khubla
Old December 25th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

You need to know what is & what isn't junk in order to use it. When the search results come in, select a result that is junk & press the trash button. The spam filter is a learning filter; ie: you need to train it to work how you want it to work. The more similar results you select as junk then after a while the filter will recognise these automatically. You have junk filter options under LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>Filters>Junk
I found that for the autogenerated spam like the ipod & mp3 spam that it was very quick to learn. However for virii files, it takes much longer.

Here's some references for file sizes: 1. (a) autogenerated spam results, & also (b) autogenerated mp3 spam results

2. WARNING: Viruses on network you should be aware of! (click on link)

BTW it works by not only recognising the file size, but also anything else that puts similar files into the same category such as naming technique, etc.