Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Connection Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire or WireShare program connecting to the Gnutella network. (not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)

Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

I do believe that may happen in the not to distant future.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa

Last edited by Grandpa; December 11th, 2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old December 11th, 2005
Apprentice

TEN90X is flying high
Default Same In Brookhaven

I haven't tried to get on in a week and now I can not connect at all. Even ARES won't work. WTF!!!!!!
Old December 11th, 2005
Disciple

Mara is flying high

Hopefully this is a mistake on their part and if enough people call they will nip it in the butt.
Old December 12th, 2005
Novicius

DNY is flying high

I'm an Optimum online user from LI as well and haven't been able to connect since Friday either.
Old December 12th, 2005
Novicius

alyssat is flying high
Default connection

I am having the same problem. One day last week I out of nowhere couldnt log onto Limewire. I use Optimum Online as my provider. I keep getting a message saying no internet connection or behind a firewall. I disabled the firewall and still nothing.
Old December 12th, 2005
Apprentice

Premo_Maggot is flying high

i have the same problem as well. i was told in a technical support chat that port 6346 (default gnutella port) was not blocked :\

Last edited by Premo_Maggot; December 12th, 2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old December 12th, 2005
Disciple

outlaw21 is flying high
Default HELp with opt online and Limewire

Since 3 days ago i just switched over to opt online and the second day that i've been using it i also could not connect to Limewire if there is any solution to this plz post
Old December 12th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

It does seem as though Optimum Online is now using a program that detects all p2p programs & prevents them from connecting. There's many such programs but here's a couple of examples: 1. http://www.sandvine.com/products/p2p_element.asp & also 2. http://www.ipp2p.org/docu_en.html
Here's a related thread that relates to this ISP Opt' Online http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=49691

Generally for such problems I'd suggest a proxy but I have doubts they'd work in this case. It may be worth a try though. A Fix for those whose ISP's block Limewire pages 1 - 3 which have links to alternative instructions.

Hit the ISPs where it hurts -> in their pocket. People must stand up and switch to a new ISP if necessary. See Stief's post here for some ideas: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...ion#post172994
Old December 12th, 2005
Apprentice

Premo_Maggot is flying high

ok, i have an update. i talked on a phone with a cablevision techie. i didn't even have to threaten him with moving to another isp or with a lawsuit etc. i gave him all the information and after a few minutes he found out that's it's "a known problem with certain programs, like limewire." he said that they have a special team that fixes these problems and he's going to relay that information to them and it should be resolved within 24 hours or less (he says by 10pm tomorrow at the most). he also says to keep trying until then
Old December 12th, 2005
Disciple

outlaw21 is flying high
Default ports

does any1 know any good ports i can use or where i can find them?