Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2002
Unregistered

Default Re: Found A Way!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I was one of those who could not burn files downloaded, but now life is better. I installed iTunes, which you can download for free from the Apple site. It can convert the files! It will allow you to burn them onto a CD. I had to go through a succession of system upgrades to enable me to use iTunes. It will only run with System 9.0 and will only burn CDs after you've upgraded to 9.2. I think that's right. Anyway, I emailed the system guy at Limewire, and he admitted that they've known about this problem for a while. They don't seem to be completley on top of some aspects of designing for the Mac platform. iTunes worked for me. One nice thing iTunes does, is that it allows you to set up different lists tunes. You can place the tunes in order, listen to them to make sure you like the selection, then burn the list to your CD. It doesn't seem to have a music seach and download function, so Limewire is still needed. I reverted to the older version of Limewire, too. Good luck!
How easy was it to upgrade to OS 9?What were you running before?Im using OS 8.6 and want to upgrade but dont have backup for all my programs.
Old April 24th, 2002
Novicius

jsoard is flying high

thanks, this is brilliant and I would NEVER have thought of it......duh.
Old April 29th, 2002
bink

GEt a copy of MP3Rage from chaoticsoftware.com (it's a free demo). Drop the bad file on it, and use the popup menu on the right (right next to where it says Type and Creator) to select the type of player you want the file to open with.

Works for me every time. You can also use MP3 Rage to fix Stuffit files (not just MP3s) that show up as Limewire documents: just change the Type to SITD and the Creator to SIT! (all caps, and you do need the exclamation point)