Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2004
Apprentice

faithmusic is flying high
Default uploading/sharing files?

I'd like to know how I can share my files/mp3s that I have not already downloaded from anyone? My personal(songs) files.

I'm a bit new to Limewire and I can't find a way to upload( if that's the right term) to Limewire.
If there is anyone that can help me out, that would be great!

Thanks.
Old March 29th, 2004
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

salut, go in the options -shares and there you see your shared folders to add one click on add and select the folder containing your personnal songs, click apply and LW should start hasing them (giving them a unique identity: it will say at the buttom left XX files shared of xxx files) then it will share them on gnutella.

Bonne chance
Old March 29th, 2004
Apprentice

Thanks for getting back to me. I am still trying to make this work.

Can I check (try to download) to see if I can download my own file and see if it does come up?

Or is that impossible?

Thanks.
Old March 29th, 2004

Look in the libray tab, all your shared folders should appear. LW will not show your files in a search (that would be stupid otherwise, downloading from you ). In the monitor tab you can see if people are getting your files -uploads- (it depends on the popularity of the files).

Bonne chance
Old March 29th, 2004
Apprentice

Well I can't seem to find my files in the selected folder. There are only folders showing. When I double click or hit the open tab, my files do not list.

I'm trying to figure out why only folders are showing........

As for trying to download my own stuff myself, I guess there really isn't a way I can check to see if my files are being uploaded until somebody trys to download them, right?

Thanks.
Old March 29th, 2004

On os x I see the files in a folder that I want to share, but it might be different on windows. Just select the foler containing the files click apply and then go in the library tab to select the new folder shared and see if files are showing up. If the library tab isn't appearing you can go in display -diplay/hide and check the library tab.

Bonne chance
Old March 29th, 2004
Apprentice

Well I'm happy to see you're using a Mac, I am using OS 9.1 NOT OS X.

I can see all of my files in the library window and it shows the path and the hits. So the files are there but....... I just noticed that there are NO uploads coming from my computer at all!!!!!. I've download a bunch of stuff but there are NO uploads. Hm.......... Could something be wrong with my uploads?

Old March 29th, 2004

Ok, it may be normal to have uploads yet, some people have to want your stuff you know... let LW open for the night and tomorrow check in library there is a column showing transfers ie x/x the first x is a file uploaded 100% and the second is a file partly uploaded. For now it should be all 0/0 in that colum but check tomorrow if some file has transferred at all.

Bonne chance et bonne nuit!
Old March 29th, 2004
Apprentice

Thank you so much for all your help.

Blessings.

Faithmusic
Old March 30th, 2004
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Hi...

Hey, don't worry too much about the 'lack' of UpLoads right now...
As long as everything is configured correctly, you will eventually start to UpLoad files to others...
Sometimes it just takes a while... And as mentioned, it also depends on what sort of stuff you are sharing...

Believe it... Not long from now you might be saying, "Hey why am I always UpLoading stuff and having to wait in queues for the stuff I want to DownLoad ???"