|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Cloning in Photoshop CS5
Can anyone kindly let me have a stepbystep tutorial on how to use the cloning tool in Photoshop CS5 ?
Why is it that when I choose the brush size and a circle pops up to show me the size chosen, that circle vanishes as soon as I release the right button on the mouse?
Could it be that I am doing something wrong ? I always ensure that "Aligned Sample" on the toolbar is unchecked and that "All Layers" is checked and that "Mode" is set to "Normal."
I have noticed that even though the brush circle vanishes, cloning is possible but this is not satisfactory as what happens is that the cloning of parts of the picture that take place are not the ones that I choose.
In Photoshop 7, I used to choose the part of the picture that I wanted to clone by clicking on the circle over that part of the picture that I chose. But now, in Photoshop CS5, the brush circle vanishes nad I have no control on cloning.
Hope I am not confusing the issue and I thank you beforehand for helping an old age pensioner who is slow to learn.
When selecting brushes, it is best to choose one that suits what you are trying to achieve. In general, I choose a hard edge brush. If you are wanting faint edges so that it blends in with the edges of where you are cloning to, then choose a soft edge brush, if only for the edges of the cloning location.
I set the size of the brush manually. On the menu bar, you will see the brush size. Example: 12 px which represents a brush of 12 pixels wide.
You can select that size box and type in the size you desire. Example, change 12 px to 3. No need to put the px after the number. Then simply press enter/return key after changing the number inside the brush size box. You can also use the slider to change the brush size.
In the example below, I show using brush 4 as the selection, ie: Hard Round Pressure Size. If you hold your cursor overtop of the brush type, it will say what kind of brush it is.
Experiment with the brushes to see their effects.
For the cursor, go to Photoshop preferences, select the Cursors category. I presently have it set to Normal Brush Tip for Painting Cursor. And Other Cursor set to Standard. However choose what suits you. The Clone selection cursor will only be as large as the Clone paint brush is set to.
Shows how the Clone cursor selector changes color depending on the background to make it easier to see. A size 8 px brush was used in this example.
I sometimes use the selection tool to select the area I wish to clone to, so I do not clone outside the desired area. Example, the Polygonal Lasso Tool. Or whichever selection tool you feel most comfortable with or easiest or most accurate to use in the situation.
To use the Clone tool, select it in the Tools. Then hold down the Alt key (Option key on Mac) same time you select the area you wish to clone from on the image (a circled cross will show whilst you press the Alt key which you can direct to where you wish to clone from.) After pressing the cursor onto the starting point of the clone-from point, release the Alt key. Move your cursor to where you wish to clone to and you will see your cursor ready to use to clone. Press the cursor onto the area desired to begin clone painting. Remember, the Alt/Option key is only used to set the clone-from (source) start point of the cloning. The Alt key should be released before you start clone-painting.
If you are cloning from one layer to another, you first need to have the clone-from layer selected in the Layers palette when you set the clone-from source point. Then select the layer you wish to clone to in the Layers palette and move the cursor to where you wish to clone to.
Here is a quick example:
Notice the circled-cross (like a gun target) as I hover the cursor over the image ready to select the cloning point whilst holding down the Alt/Option key.
As soon as I have selected the clone-from point (source point) and let go of the Alt key, the cursor turns to a circle to show it is ready for clone-painting.
Then as I begin to clone-paint, the cursor turns to an arrow to show the point where I am clone-painting. And the point I am cloning from (the source) is marked with a small cross.
BTW skies can be very difficult to clone because skies often have lots of varying subtle hues of blue, grey and off-white which do not always match up well.