View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2012
Gnutella Muse

Joe Busuttil has a spectacular aura about
Default Cloning in Photoshop CS5

Can anyone kindly let me have a stepbystep tutorial on how to use the cloning tool in Photoshop CS5 ?

Why is it that when I choose the brush size and a circle pops up to show me the size chosen, that circle vanishes as soon as I release the right button on the mouse?

Could it be that I am doing something wrong ? I always ensure that "Aligned Sample" on the toolbar is unchecked and that "All Layers" is checked and that "Mode" is set to "Normal."

I have noticed that even though the brush circle vanishes, cloning is possible but this is not satisfactory as what happens is that the cloning of parts of the picture that take place are not the ones that I choose.

In Photoshop 7, I used to choose the part of the picture that I wanted to clone by clicking on the circle over that part of the picture that I chose. But now, in Photoshop CS5, the brush circle vanishes nad I have no control on cloning.

Hope I am not confusing the issue and I thank you beforehand for helping an old age pensioner who is slow to learn.

JOE