|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|LimeWire 4 Custom Skins found here A special forum where people can post their skins or links to their custom made skins to share. Question about how to create them should be posted in the LimeWire Skins Help section not here. Problems with specific links or skins posted to those specific threads.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
LimeWire Skin Collection Installer!
Here is the LimeWire skin collection installer which install the most of the LimeWire skin for the version 4.18.8 or older, so fare for Windows only!!!LimeWire skin collection installer is easy to use and it will automatic install all the skins in the right place pain free...If we find many more LimeWire skin, I will make more installers for them..
1.) Only make sure LimeWire is shutdown compleatly before you run the installer...
2.) Start LimeWire and click View-->Apply Skins and you should find all the skin listed there which is installed!
3.) You may need to select a skin twice for it to become active. First attempt it may not change or instead it may swap to the default skin.
Download it form here:File_Girl71's LW 4 Skin-Installer-No.1.Win.exe - 1.07MB, Wait until the countdown ends & then click where prompted to begin the download. You need to be a member of 4Shared to download. Otherwise -> . . Alternate links "HERE / ici".
If you were also looking for the FrostWire-4 Skins installer then see here.
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; February 14th, 2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: updating hosting link again
Thanks birdy!!! Yes it is a old bug in LW 4.x.x thats cause you to apply the choosen skin twice before it change it, but has nothing to do with my skin installer and can only to be blamed on LW for this...Have removed two skin from the installer since they already was listed there!And thanks to Lotr for this discovery about the two skin that have different name but was in fact the same skin....I have tested the skin installer and the skins, and it works fine for LW 4.18.8 Pro so fare I can tell!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
I wish i could say the same but it didn't work for me, i used the link you provided FrostWire - skins.exe but it was a one time automatic install no step by step guide. I then when to start and looked in all programmes to see where it had been installed but could not find it anywhere. I then opened LW > view > apply skins but nothing happened... where have i gone wrong?
Are you using FrostWire or LimeWire? The skin installer is specific to which program you are using. The FrostWire Skin Installer will not work for LimeWire (& vice-versa) because the FW & LW skins each use a different file extension. LW will not recognise FW skins, & FW will not recognise LW skins.
All your previous posts on the forum refer to using LimeWire.
Oops I just realised I think File_Girl inadvertently replaced the original LW skin installer download-link with the FW one. I'll let her know. A simple mistake musicmad. This is the original link LimeWire Skin Installer.
Edit: File_Girl has now fixed the download link in her first post.
BTW I tested the LW skin installer using Windows 7 & 2000, & using LW 4.16.7 & it all worked well.
Will the skins be compatible with the earliest versions of LW 4, I am not sure. There were some interface changes in LW 4. It's my guess some skins may not work with 4.8 & earlier (the junk filter was introduced in LW 4.9 & some other minor interface changes such as priority setting.) Probably LW 4.0 would be the most at risk but I doubt anybody is using the 4.0.x versions any more on Windows, it's quite out of date for abilities. At a guess, probably any version of LW from 4.12 or higher most if not all of the skins will all work.
That is nice to hear! And also good to hear that LW skin installer worked for you, when we just finally managed to get it right!!!
Just Good enough, smart enough, and no longer Elite...
I've created a Version 2 Skin installer for Windows and an installer for MacOSX users of LW 4: LimeWire-4 Skin installers (MediaFire).
I've collated some more skins from the following sources:.
1. The skins File_Girl and I collated a couple years ago she divided into two groups, half for LW half for FW. So now I'm making the other half available for each of LW and FW users.
2. A few skins from the LW4 clones. (4 skins)
3. Some custom skins from FW skinners (thanks to Wyrdjax for his 17 skins and great artwork. Thanks to Cootmasters for his bright works and 7 skins.) All skins have been adapted for LW use where needed including logos, etc.
4. Since some people might not have the basic set of skins as someone noted to me, I have also included some of the original skins. Thanks to all the artists and their generosity for sharing their works. (LW 4.12 only came with 5 skins for example. Some were packaged with no extra skins.)
5. I have also included some of my own slightly varied skin versions and one fully custom skin.
I have packaged all the skins together for MacOSX users. Windows skins are MacOSX compatible and probably Linux compatible also. Though MacOSX's couple of default generic skins are not compatible with Windows. This is my first ever list installer for MacOSX.
You can choose to install all the skins or select just the ones you want.
* Advisable to choose custom install. Reason is the Skins menu will only display as many skins as your monitor screen's resolution height allows. So check the skin sample images out first before you install. I estimate a total of only between 35 to 75 skins will be able to be viewable in the Skins menu. You can check the sample skins here Custom Skins sample images to help you choose.
(There are a few skins I have not given samples for because I kept getting different results on different Windows versions and FW or LW. Their mystery will remain with your curiosity.)
To reiterate the advice in the first post, sometimes a skin will not load first time you select it. Choose Refresh skins from the Skins menu and choose the skin again and it should change properly.
As a point of reference for the installers and which skins, File_Girl71's LW 4 Skin-Installer-No.1.Win installer includes the following skins:
Black Green theme, . black-red theme, . BLACK, . Camoflage, . colerfull theme, . Custom theme 1, . Dark Blue and Black, . deviantART, . gold & black theme, . gold & silver theme, . Golden, . Google Chrome fresh, . gray1, . Green On Black theme, . hot red theme, . limewire theme, . limewirePro theme, . Lovely Blue, . Lovely Green, . Lovely Purple, . my theme, . Pink and Black, . PRO Tweaked, . Purple'n'Black, . Silver, . Ubuntu, . ultimate, . Vista Aero, . Vista Inspirat 'New', . Vista Inspirat theme, . Vista theme, . Windows Aero 1.0.1, . Yellow & green skin, . Zune.
All other skins listed on the samples page are included in the LW 4 Skin-Installer-No.2.Win installer (about 65 skins). Both versions are included in the MacOSX installer (100 skins).
Creating my first 'full' skin as a total novice called "LOTR Ult", I initially based it off the Ultimate theme but you will notice it has very notable differences. My emphasis was on easy to read text and obvious highlighting of text and menus. The logo was intended to look as though a 6 year old wrote it with unevenly sized and angled letters. I guess I failed this first class at school for writing. I could have redone it more exaggeratedly but decided to leave it as it is so the logo itself does not make people feel uneasy by the intended awkwardness of it. . . The weak point in the skin which fails miserably is the download progress percentage number. This is difficult to read until the progress bar reaches 50%. Despite this, I hope you at least try the skin out to see what you think. Totally customised icons for player and a few other specific icons. Customised program icon, logo and search animation. 3/4 way through doing the icon reminded me of Dark Side of the Moon for some odd reason. Watch it for long enough and you might get the idea. Been using LW since about 2002 yet this is my first skin design as a novice 11 years later.
Most experienced skinners will already know these points:
- It seems if you use a pre-made folder for the contents of the skin, LW or FW will error when opening these skins. The error will be "Out of Date" skins. Also the contents of the lwtp/fwtp will be within a folder of a folder. The answer seems to be not using a pre-made folder. Instead, simultaneously select all the items you are intending to include with the skin and zip them. Then name the zip as your skin name with the lwtp/fwtp file extension.
- No spaces in the skin name, use underscores if you need a space. Capitals are not necessary as LW/FW will automatically capitalise the first letter in the skins menu.
- Changing file extension problems: I have had problems changing file extension on both Windows 7 and MacOSX. The system still sees the file as being a zip and has a hidden zip file extension regardless of the change you made. Renaming the file extension works fine in Windows XP.
- To change the program name (logo): LW Basic, FrostWire and the LW clones use logo as the filename of the image file. LW Pro uses lw_logo instead. So I packaged both of these with the skins.
- You can change the search icon in FrostWire but only LW versions prior to 4.18. (spinning lime when a search starts.)
You can change the lime.gif (an all search icon and a library icon) in LW but not FW.
- The Splash screen can only be changed for both LW and FW versions prior to 4.16.
Wyrdjax, a previous FrostWire skinner has a fantastic skinning guide here Wyrdjax's Skinning Guide
Simply use .lwtp instead of .fwtp for the file extension if creating skins for LW 4.