|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Mac OSX Problems with installing LimeWire for Mac OSX users|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Earlier Mac OS X versions get your LimeWire installer from link here
Recommended LimeWire variation to use is WireShare, which was released for MacOSX early May 2014 and is an upgrade to LimeWire Pirate Edition 5.6.2 from late 2010. Many bug-fixes and improvements and is being constantly improved. Can run with the latest Java version. If you prefer earlier LW versions, then see below.
MacOSX 10.8 or later are not packaged with Java, so you will need to install Java to use LW (only use Oracle's java for LW4.)
If you intend to use LW 5 or LPE, then you will need Apple's Java 6 instead of Oracle's Java 7. Java 6 for OS X 2013-003 via Apple - Java update for OSX 10.7-10.9 (if that link dies, try Java 6 2015 for 10.7-9 via MediaFire.) WireShare 5.6.4 or higher can run with Java 6, 7 or higher.
MacOSX 10.8 or higher permissions for downloading can be set in the System Preferences:
Programs packaged here contain connection installers, however ... * NOTE: to connect with any of the following programs, you will need to either run LimeWire Connection Fix 2013 (Recommended for LW 4 or 5, runs on any OSX) or . LW4 ConnectFix (OS 8-OSX 10.6, LW 4 only.) You can also find all the OSX Connection Fixes "here". Unzip it, run the program (LW must be closed when you run any of these connection installers.) This will allow you to connect whether using LW 5 or LW 4 If LW does not connect after running the Fix, close LW, wait 2 minutes. Then run the Connect-Fix program again, OR see Birdy's If LW 5 Will Not Connect. . . . . . (disable your browser's AdBlock to use the iFileIt site. Sample image download instructions using FW4 as an example.)
* To choose from a download folder, find all MacOSX LW versions 4 and 5 "here" (Click the icon to view the files in List mode so you can see their full name and version. Then select file, then click the down arrow at top to start downloading your choice of file.)
Mirror download site: here (4Shared). But first, check LW version compatibility with your OSX below.
LimeWire 4 versions:
The later LimeWire 4 versions are universal, but will not run in OSX booted into 64-bit mode. The version of LW you can use is limited to your OSX version you are using due to the last Java version supported on that OSX version. Later OSX's can still run these LW versions. The earlier LW 4 versions may need Rosetta support for intel macs (OSX 10.6 or earlier with Rosetta installed (Rosetta was discontinued after OSX 10.6.))
* If you are downgrading from LimeWire 5, we highly recommend LW 4.16 or LW 4.14.10 instead of LW 4.18 since it handles LW 5's incomplete files much more efficiently. Incomplete files from LW 5 go stagnant in LW 4.18 & with problems of already downloading status recognition. LW versions from 4 to 5 are listed on this page. Under no circumstances attempt to run versions of LW 5.5 after LW 5.5.10 or earlier than LW 4. (exceptions are the LW 5.6 beta, LPE or WireShare.) . LW 5 installers are listed in green half way down this post. If you are presently a LW 5.5 Pro user, then your activation will hopefully be automatically recognised for either LW 5.5 or 5.6 Beta. Else the program is used in Basic mode. It is not possible to activate new Pro 5.5 users even with the Pro key code.
(Windows versions here) . . (Linux users only click here)
# LimeWire 4.0 for Mac OS 9.2 (click on link) ___ # LimeWire 4.8.1 for Mac OSX (10.0 - 10.1) (Click on link). <- [Power PC based; cannot be installed on 64-bit OSX.]
__ # LimeWire 4.12.15 for Mac OSX (10.2 - 10.3, Java 3+) (Click on link) . <- [Power PC based; cannot be installed on 64-bit OSX.]
# LimeWire 4.14.10* for Mac OSX (10.3+, Java 4+) (19 Sept 2007.) . # LimeWire 4.14.12 for Mac OSX (10.3+, Java 4+) (3 Dec 2007.). . [LW v4.14+ supported both DHT and TLS if host is not firewalled. 4.14 to 4.16 TLS could affect ability to connect well.]
For LW 4.16.7 click on this link: # LimeWire 4.16.7(click on link) _ for Mac OSX (10.4 or higher, Java 5+) (22 April 2008.) _ Please read THIS first before installing!.
Or to download LW 4.16.6 (4.16.6 has some bugs, but is the version I still use alongside LW 5 (although I much preferred LW4.14.10.) I recommend backing up the Library.dat file in the LW prefs folder at least once a month.) and (a power-pc app only: Utility to back-up LW's downloads.dat/bak files automatically. This backup app is not intel compatible. I might create a universal-32+64 bit version if anybody wants which would backup several pref files to use for either LW4/5.)
* For these download links, see sample image bottom of this post to see how to use.)
* Those who have used LW 5 or 4.18 & desired to downgrade to LW 4.16 or 4.14 need to move the Downloads.dat file from their preferences folder & place it into their incomplete folder. This must be done whilst LW is CLOSED. _ (instructions Here [Click on link].)
LimeWire 4.18.8 for Mac OSX (10.4 or higher, Java 5+) (19 Sept 2008) or mirror download here.
*For this download link, click on Free User or Download, then on following page click on the blue Download button.
For anybody using LW 4, you 'might' have a problem where the Preferences does not show under the usual LW menu. One answer is to go to Library tab, select Shared Files, then press the Configure button. This will take you to the settings. Another possible answer is to install a different skin, then see if Options appears in the Option menu on the actual LW GUI interface.
(LW4 access to settings sample image)
LimeWire 5 versions: __ LimeWire Changelog link
All LimeWire 5 versions are Universal and 32 + 64 bit compatible. But can only run on OSX 10.5 or later. ie: OSX 10.5, 64-bit Intel only, OSX 10.6, 32-bit (non-intel) and 64-bit. Java 6 is required.
* For any LW 5 version you must not surpass version 5.5.10 else you will be caught in a trap. You can still download a version of LW 5 that works for you, but you need to replace the Gnutella.net file whilst LW is CLOSED for LW to be able to connect. . (LW 5.5.9, 5.5.8 & 5.6.0 Beta will run as Pro if you have LW 5.5 Pro activation presently on your computer. It is not possible to activate new Pro licenses. And these licenses might be time expiring in any case.)
(LW 5 can only run on Snow Leopard OSX 10.6+, OR intel computers using Leopard OSX 10.5. If you are using OSX10.5 & do not have an intel computer you cannot use LW 5 & are restricted to LW 4.)
. LimeWire 5.5.10 (Released 24 June 2010.) . . . LimeWire 5.5.9 (31 May 2010.) . . . LimeWire 5.5.8 (24 March 2010.)
. . . . . . Earlier LW 5 versions: . . LimeWire 5.4.6 (16, December 2009.) . . . LimeWire 5.3.6 (30 September 2009.)
LimeWire Pirate Edition 5.6.2 . Released Nov. 9th, 2010. (No legal notice, runs in Pro mode & connects easily; is Mac version of this.
Or Recommended is . WireShare 5.6.3 / 5.6.4 . Released May 2014., download links found here. . . (LimeWire is now reborn as WireShare.)
* Portable LimeWire 4 and 5 versions: There is now a LimeWire Pirate Edition 5.6.2 Portable version, a 5.4.6 Portable version and a 4.18.8 Portable version I put together. See the iFileIt link for either version. These can be used from any external drive, flash disk, etc. instead of installing onto your computer. Their settings and shared folders are kept within their own folder so will not affect any other settings if you already use LW. But note: do not use two LW's running simultaneously.The Portable 4.18 will run on OSX 10.4 or later. If you keep the portable on a portable disk, you could also connect it to another mac computer. Any of the LW 5 versions will only run on OSX 10.5 or later. Links: 5.4.6 Portable here or here, LW Pirated Edition Portable here or here.
* For anybody who is wanting to downgrade from any LW version, you must first delete the . install limewire.pkg . file from the OSX -> Library -> Receipts folder, else OSX will not let you install an earlier version. OSX would give you an error message: "Nothing to install". Receipts folder sample image
(This applies to downgrading to an earlier version from 'any' later LW version.)
If problems opening LW, select the program from Applications folder and 'Get Info' (command-i), check the 'Open in 32-bit mode' and this might fix your problem but only if you are booting OSX into 32-bit mode (sample image here.)
Beta versions: . LimeWire Changelog link
LW 5.6.0 was a Beta released a couple months before 5.5.10, it did include some additions which had not yet made it into the mainstream program. For those who wish to use 5.6, . . LW 5.6.0 (Released 20 April 2010.) . . LW 5.6.1 (Released 10 May 2010.) . (these versions are safe to use!).
LW OSX prototypes-lightweight, . . LW OSX prototypes-LAN-mode, . . LW OSX prototypes-geo-restrict, . . LW OSX prototypes-related-files
(Prototypes versions of betas were released on 4 May 2010 except Lightweight on 18 May 2010. The Prototypes were spin-off versions from LW 5.5/5.6 however may have their own version number.)
(Lightweight was designed to use less computer resources than regular LW and is half the file-size but has same performance abilities. LAN mode, speaks for itself, designed to run on a local network. Geo-Restrict was designed to search & share files around local geographic area. (Presumably like if living in Europe then only Europe, if in Nth America then only Nth America, etc.) Details about these beta versions will be coming soon; they were released between mid April to mid May 2010)
LimeWirePortable_126.96.36.199.paf.exe (Released 9 December 2009. Based on the LW 5.3 release.) . (No installation necessary, can use on any portable device that's connected to internet. eg: flash drive, external HDD, etc. I was told by a non-involved LW-dev the Portable was based on LW version 5.3, but might actually have been based on an earlier version judging by its looks; looks more like version 5.0 or 5.1.)
* Warning, for any OSX 10.2 (or later) users who have used a later version of LW, MUST delete their LW preferences folder whilst LW is CLOSED BEFORE installing a 4.8.1 version. Otherwise this version LW will behave abnormally & not very happily. LW Prefs folder is found here: /Users/your_username/Library/Preferences/LimeWire.
4Shared.com download instructions (click thumbnail to see larger view): (Morpheus Fix download example): Please note, since March 2012 you need to be a member of the 4Shared site to download, though membership is free. Alternatively use the FileCloud mirror site.
LimeStart application installer for any LimeWire 5/LPE version is attached below. This will prevent LW deleting your connection file if LW has not been used in 30 or more days. LimeStart acts as an insurance against that happening. Described here. (LW 4 did not behave like this so the LimeStart app is not necessary for LW 4 users.) All the LW 5 version installers above are now packaged with LimeStart for optional use. Updated LimeStart installer to improve performance and added some localised languages for the installer.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 14th, 2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: LW installers now include Connection installers to use before LW's first run. Updated LimeStart installer. Added WireShare
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/mac-osx/70675-earlier-mac-os-x-versions-get-your-limewire-installer-link-here.html
|limewire sur mac os x v10.5 | ParisDigital...||This thread||Refback||July 23rd, 2014 01:32 PM|
|LimeWire for Mac Osx 10.4||This thread||Refback||January 28th, 2012 06:25 AM|
|How to Downgrade From the Latest Limewire on an Apple Mac | eHow.com||This thread||Refback||August 6th, 2010 12:21 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mac OS X 10.1 and LimeWire 4.8 (get link for 4.8.1 HERE)||bodo||Mac OSX||42||May 27th, 2007 01:28 AM|
|Link for Limewire 4.8?||r007||General Mac OSX Support||5||April 12th, 2006 01:10 PM|
|lost link for limewire pro||Bruce I.||Download/Upload Problems||1||November 2nd, 2004 07:24 PM|
|link to download limewire 1.8||Unregistered||Download/Upload Problems||1||April 14th, 2002 08:58 AM|
|Who Has A Old Limewire Link??? Not 1.6d !!!!||Unregistered||General Windows Support||1||August 12th, 2001 05:48 PM|