|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
|View Poll Results: Do you think downloading files off limewire is legal?|
|Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
!!!!!Hey i have a big problem!!!!
Hey i have been wondering for a while about if limewire is legal, And as you say on these forums it is, well the software is but what about the files we download of limewire. Ino this is illegal because of copyright laws and because companys that produce the files are not getting any money out of limewire. Is this true? If it is shouldnt people know more clearly about the risks of downloading off limewire. Please anser back Harvey
There's both copyright & non-copyright material out there that can be downlded. As for the legal situation it depends on your country/state re: downlding copyright material. http://www.limewire.com/english/content/ftc.shtml It's up to the individual to decide which/what they downld.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; July 26th, 2005 at 03:51 AM.
I have been useing limewire for the awhile now, and for the frist time yesterday when I clicked to download a song a pop up said" LIMEWIRE IS UNABLE TO FIND A LICENSE FOR THIS FILE DO YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD ANYWAY ? THEN IT GOES ON SAYING PLEASE RESPECT YOU LOCAL COPYRIGHT LAWS." I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND DOWNLOAD OR GET A LICENSE. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT THERE IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SIUATION.
The same issue with a friend...
Is the government tracking every I.P address to prosecute us now is? Man, this post I just write is funny, but it is scary and of serious interest to everyone now.
I bet that everyone that downloads anything from the US from limewire is going to be tracked, even if you put firewalls or whatever and have a DSL wireless connection.
So rare, your thoughs moderators? If u have a suggestion, valid suggestion...please post it to me in private.
In my experience with the FTC and national copyright laws...Limewire is just trying to stay alive and not be eaten to be shutdown completely.
Now, they are just doing good what Napster forgot to do when it started. They are preveting fro mgetting shut-down as better as possible by showing you many probable causes of downloading.
In effect, that pop-up:
But if you are in the USA, you are I.P address is something that is being tracked and recorded from the moment you downloaded Limewire version.
It is my knowledge that if you use cable modem, you can easily be tracked, and if you use a DSL modem...you can't be tracked so easily.
If you are in either one of those like almost 98% of the US & international population, repair your I.P I guess.
Was this post meant to break U.S rules, NO...it was meant to clarify some thoughs and so skepticism related to limewire. I should NOT be hold against my right concerning limewire use and/or am responsible for its users.
Last edited by Nocturno; July 30th, 2005 at 12:38 PM.
A while ago I downloaded a program once and like an idiot I registered the software but the second time I opened the program a window pops up saying my serial number will be suspended until the matter is fully resolved.
Scared me into wiping my hard drive of many files/programs but having said that I don't care if Limewire is legal or not, many copyrighters make more profit then they are even entitled to IMO so I see this as a balance.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Connection problem? or download problem? help!||Mich_in_NJ||Connection Problems||5||November 25th, 2006 03:05 PM|
|Download problem(Disk Problem)||kevoz||Download/Upload Problems||0||December 22nd, 2005 02:00 PM|
|Same problem.....more ppl please respond to my freezing problem!!||bomb13||General Windows Support||3||August 7th, 2005 03:06 PM|
|If you feel there is a big problem in 2.4.4 it is your problem and I don't give a ***||Cyberzero||Open Discussion topics||10||June 19th, 2002 01:03 PM|