|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Tips & Tricks For help with file formats, viruses, security, etc. This section is not for questions about problems with Gnutella program clients, downloading, connecting, etc.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
So I'm starting to Think I'm Helpless >_>
I understand that in order to Make a DVD movie there are steps to follow. Now I've used Youtube and Google and they tend to say the same thing I got here. soI feel like my problem is Simple? and I cant see it .
Tools: Nero Prem 7 , Windata DVD+ R ( Will buy Name band DVD's)
Project : Sleepless edit: No names or links to copyright material. Read the rules!!
Size: 1.37 GB
Type: .AVI (Video Clip)
Process: When I'm at the DVD- Video Menu sub screen I lower My Bit Rate to 1,691 ( the lowest it will let me go) the Resolution is set to 720 x 480 ( CCIR - 601 D1)
The Encoding Mode is at HQ (2 pass VBR) The Video Format MPEG-2 ( cant change)
The Audio Format Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2.0 .
Then there is a 4 to 5 hour Transcoding . where it tells me the file is still to big .
Now I don't under stand?
My next step is to get DVD-9 but I know you can burn to a DVD -5 Because I have tons of them that something else burnt but now that I have a Burner I'd like to do it Myself. Maybe I'm still missing a step . Forgive me for taking so long to figure this out and asking so much from you all . thank you .
Last edited by Sleepless; January 12th, 2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Edited to comply with house rules
There should be an option to fit to disc. Use that instead of trying to pick the bitrate yourself. Nero will transcode to use the full disc capacity unless the file is to small, which this one isn't.
After Converting a 1.37 gb AVI, The VOB will be somewhere around 6-7 gb's. You will have to split onto two disc, unless you want Horrible quality.
A 700 - 800 mb AVI usually converts to 4 - 5 gigs. A blank DVD-R is 4.7gb's which you'll only be able to get a little over 4 gigs on the disc.
This is just my experience. I don't use Nero so I'm just going off of the program I use.
One thing I have to say for you, enigma--you don't give up easily. OK, at last we have some actual names and numbers to work with. Although Gnutella doesn't permit the mention of copyrighted works, I happened to read your msg last night before it was edited and managed to d/l the same exact 1.37GB DEVISE AVI file of, er, "Zachary Zipper." I then set it up for transcoding on my Nero 7 version of Nero Vision, v. 22.214.171.124. You are using Nero Vision 4, right?
Here's where it gets weird. Although Remoc is right that large AVI files yield large VOBs (after all, Zachary Zipper is close to 3 hours long), my NV4 can easily fit it onto a standard-size DVD. With the Quality setting at Automatic (fit to disc) it selects a bit rate of about 3470 kbit/s, which yields "Average" quality at 4.37GB used out of 4.38GB available. I found no limitation if I wanted to lower the bit rate below 1691 kbit/s. 1691 kbps results in the usage of only 2.31GB, but there's no point in going that low, since the result will really look lousy. You're quite correct BTW in holding the resolution to 720 x 480, since lower-res will also look lousy. As you say, video format is fixed at MPEG-2, and the only other variable is Encoding mode. You might try changing it to Fast Encoding (1-Pass), though that shouldn't change the physical size of the file, but at least you'll find out sooner that it won't fit.
There's only one item left to check--what DVD capacity are you using? There are three DVD size settings on NV4's Select Menu: DVD-9 (double layer, 7.95GB), DVD (the standard DVD-5, 4.38GB), and DVD-1 (8 cm) (teeny little 3" disk, 1.30GB). If by any chance you are set on DVD-1, that would be your problem, as you should be set to DVD.
Sorry, that's all I could come up with. You could always convert the resulting oversize Nero NRG file to an ISO with UltraISO and then shrink that down to DVD-5 size with DVDShrink, as I suggested in an earlier post, but that seems like a lot of trouble to go to. Good luck!
so your saying that you took a 1.37GB file avi file and transcoded it at a bitrate of 3470 kbits/sec and got it to only take up 4.37GB?...IC....well, I don't have that exact file, but I do know that I had to edit out a bit of a movie I recently transcoded to fit on a disc (the size of the source file is 702MB)....I just put it into Nero7 Ultra and as opposed to editing out that tad of data, I chose to let Nero reduce the quality to long play (3382 kbits/sec) and it went from 4.45GB to 3.1GB...this says to me that a 1.37 GB file is going to show ~ the same resultant file size reduction (~30%), which make it transcode to about 6.1GB...enigma should either take the time to split the file (which can cause the sound to get out of sync if not done properly) or burn to a DVD9 disc if his player will support that format of a burned disc (I have one player that will, and another that won't)
So Long and Thanks for All the Files
Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This
BTW, I recommend using Nero's quality setting "Automatic (fit to disk)" rather than choosing long play/extended play etc., because that way Nero will set the maximum bitrate possible, leading to better-looking results.
If the file will fit using 1-pass (I don't see why it wouldn't), then it will also fit using 2-pass with much better variable encoding, thus keeping fast action sequences at a higher bit rate, while letting slow action sequences slip into lower bit rate.
Which is why I highly recommend using 2-pass encoding.
One thing I really don't get though is why someone would download an AVI for the sole purpose of transcoding to DVD. Just download the DVD and skip the process of encoding.
As to why he'd download an AVI instead of the DVD, some videos are too new or old or rare to be out on DVD, and many ISPs charge by the number of GBs downloaded or even slow down accounts that download over a certain amount per month. My own ISP, Comcast, has a 250GB monthly bandwidth limit.
While I can't remember the exact filename, I feel pretty confident that a DVD is out of the same file. This was not too new or old.... Pretty much there is no such thing as too new as the group will need a source to make the encode.
I very much doubt he is using the right settings as I have never heard of anyone using fit to disc and the finished result not fitting. Either that or the DVD-r disc being used sucks.
A 250GB download limit is quite nice. Lots of people are more unfortunate.
I can't remember the last time I transcoded .avi to DVD to be honest. I just connect my Laptop to the TV and Stereo and viola
Last edited by lengoldstein; January 13th, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Making an Audio CD using Nero 7 - Nero Express||Sleepless||Tips & Tricks||8||January 12th, 2007 10:36 AM|
|Nero 7 Premium update not wise !!!||Sleepless||Open Discussion topics||0||July 5th, 2006 04:18 PM|
|1st time making a MP3 cd w/ nero||kbearmoney||Tips & Tricks||5||July 21st, 2005 10:56 AM|
|What's a good program for making a music video?||bestnamesrtaken||Tips & Tricks||3||October 8th, 2004 10:37 AM|