View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

From the spiel quoted about piracy " Each sale by a pirate represents a lost legitimate sale, thereby depriving not only the record company of profits, but also the artist, producer, songwriter, publisher, retailer, …"

with regards to bootlegs (not pirate copies, and I have realised that a lot of website articles do not realize the difference - not I might add on these forums.,) and indeeen legally distributed Grateful Dead recordings ... this is absolute crap.
The bootleg owner is going to have a complete set of official CDs Albums etc ... praobably every obscure single that whoever made with one different mix. when he's run out of spending a fortune on the official stuff, then he'll go out for the bootlegs, many of which the record companies should have released in the first place.

In all cases the existence of Bootleg recordings improves the profile of the artist .. and well once you've been bootleged, then you can say you're made it.

I really am not going to enter into the political argument on this one, gut thought I'd throw this in for a possible abrupt change of tack