View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2005
Novicius

mandesyanks is flying high
Question Copyright?

I am a teacher and would hope that those of you who are so highly and remarkably more knowledgable regarding these copyright issues can give me just some quick answers to my confusion. All of this information just keeps snowballing. I have taught my students about fair use and copyright, but at the same time, many of my peers proclaim to me that we are generally free from many copyright issues, because most things are stated for fair use and/or educational purposes. We are never funded in the school system to the fullest extent to legitimately present the material needed for our students to learn to their greatest potential tehrefore we aer often using itme sfrom the internet and in many instances, fortunately not mine, lower income and urban school districts that can barely afford textbooks for their students depend primarily on internets resources for their lessons. So to finalize the point. Are these large companies going to come after myself, the teacher trying to improve upon the minds that will be building this country's future, ensuring that I receive social security, going to come pounding on my door asking for part of my meager salary because I 'stole' their property, not for monetary profit but for intellecutal gain for all of our future, to ensure that their profits stay at the maximum level. Try me, I am forever in the red. What will the future CEO think about that? Just look at your children.