View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2005
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Scammed

Dear Dixiecup

Let me explain what you have done:

Unfortunately for you, you have gone to a scam site and got yourself ripped off.

You said: I paid $45.04 which includes Lifetime Full & Unlimited Access ($20.21) + Pro Version

Limewire Basic is free and Limewire Pro costs $18.88, for that you get 6 months worth of tech support and 6 months worth of updates/upgrades from the following official site:

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml

Note, as LW does not offer membership of any sort the "Lifetime" club you have joined does not exist.

You also said: Movie Codec Pack ($14.95) + Net Spy Protection ($9.88).

Well, movie codec packs, such as Nimo, are free and Net Spy Protection is probably a bogus anti spyware pack.

Normally I would advise you to contact your credit card company, inform them that you have been defrauded, and get your money back. However, as you have been living quite happily with your non-products for six months you CC is unlikely to offer you a refund, but you should still try.

Now you know why they (the bogus scam site) won't answer your emails, i.e. they have your money and they want nothing further to do with you.

UK Bob

PS. Check your credit card statements for small monthly deductions, you could still be paying subscription fees for membership of your non-existent club.