Thread: Called Optimum
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2006
Novicius

apella is flying high
Default Called Optimum

Just to let you all know, I just finished calling Optimum Online (OOL) support. Here's what happened:

1) I was told that a filter existed becuase I have exceeded the amount allowed. When I asked about that limit amount so I may keep an eye out on the amount I download, they stated there is no set limit amount. That's when I commented, how is one to not exceed a given amount if they won't tell me what the limit is, so as to monitor my thru-put. He then checked with his supervisor.

2) After checking with higher in command, I was told that the problem is not with OOL, it is with Limwire. When I explained that it can't be becuase my brother using LW on Verizon's DSL has no issues with it. The same with a niehbor's Dish internet service. I further explained that user's from NY/NJ area are having issues with LW firewalls. He once again consulted with his supervisor.

3) The techy came back on and told me that they are not aware of any outages that would effect these services. I told him that this is not a new issue, that guys in LI have reported this since mid December. He once again put me on hold.

4) He and his supervisor have never heard of this. I once again told him I'm not the only one and I gave him the link to this forum, and they said they would look into it. He told me to keep checking the OOL website and tech pages until this problem is resolved.

So, either I'm the first one to report this problem to them or they are really convinced that this is a LW problem. All in all, I found them very forward going. I will call them again in about two days... this time I'll right down names.

Need LW!!!