View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2006
Deep & Wide

Deepend is flying high

barbarian2

You are right about not knowing which hosts you are downloading from if you have done a general search. Another column in the download window that listed the hosts current ip would be really helpful

I do alot of searching by browse host. If i find a source for a track i like i then try browse host as there are good possibilities they might have more things that would interest me; artists i would not know of thus could not search for. It works the other way around too; if anybody downloads from me then i always try to browse them as it seems we share the same taste. Unfortunatly less than 10% of all browse attempts go through Even if the host has the smiley face meaning they have enabled browsing & chat. Nobody seems to know why this doesn't work well or at least better. If you ask me this really sucks because i love browse host as a methode of broadening my horizens.

To take it further a list of favorites that you could add hosts to would be way cool as well. If you or anyone else thinks so go here:

https://www.limewire.org/jira/browse/GUI-6

register and vote on it don't forget to add a comment about adding fav. host as the original request is for fav. searches also a nice feature but without a feature like this for browse host finding a host you like a second time is not easily done if not impossible where as finding artists is EZ.

I wonder how many try browse host either not many or the failure rate is huge. 95% of my uploads each host is only hitting me up for 1 artist they take most of what i have from that artist but no other artists and i have enabled browse & chat.

Hope this helps and i hope you vote

Peace