View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Hmm not sure. I wonder if your router is using UPnP. If it is then that's fine. UPnP is a setting in your router that allows an internet program to request a port or several ports to be opened & the router does this. However it will only open them whilst the program is open. I guess one way to check is to go to LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>Advanced>Firewalls & see what ports are listed for connecting & listening. If you are properly connected & see 5 green or blue bars & no brick wall in front of the blue world icon then you're fine. I wasn't sure if your model supported UPnP or whether it was reliable. Most people in past on this forum using BT Voyagers solved issues by port forwarding.

BTW if you did manual port forwarding, I'd suggest you do it for both TCP & UDP; ie: one for each. The portforward.com instructions only show TCP. TCP is more important for LW but LW does also use UDP.

NAT = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network...ss_translation