View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2007
Apprentice

VediaHasan is flying high
Default Starting Connection, Downloads Happening but Searches are Not

Hi guys, I'd really appreciate some help. I've been using Limewire Pro 4.10.5 for over a year now. I rebooted my laptop and reinstalled limewire yesterday but I've been getting the Starting Connection status at the bottom. I've tried deleting the .limewire file and restarting the programme. The first time I did that, it worked. Today when I tried again it didn't. I still get Starting Connection.

The strange thing is, the incomplete downloads are currently downloading, although at a slower rate than normal. But I can't do any searches. I get the popup message saying that 'Limewire is connecting to the network. Your search may not return many results until you are fully connected to the network.'

I don't know what the problem is. I've tried disabling all firewalls and antivirus programmes on my computer. I'm not doing anything differently to what I had done before I rebooted the computer.

Computer details are as follows:
Toshiba laptop - windows xp professional version 2002
Service pack 2
Orange 8meg broadband via wireless livebox
Intel ProWireless 2200BG wireless adaptor inside the laptop
Limewire Pro 4.10.5
Connecting from home
512mb ram
60gb hard drive, 40gb free
I've tried the test link and was successful
I've tried the .jar link and that wasn't successful
Done all the exceptions lists on the firewall
Another laptop also connects in the house but this has never been a problem before. Both have connected through intel wireless inside the laptops.

I would desperately appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.