View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2007
Novicius

petero is flying high
Default New here and need help Hi (slow download speed since changing ISP)

Hi all,
On looking through the forums I can clearly see that I'm not the only one experiencing the problem of ultra slow download speeds. My history of Limewire is such:- used basic for about six months and downloaded everything I wanted with download speeds in excess of 100 kbs in some cases. I was using a netgear wireless asdl router.
I then bought the full version and the downloads continued without any problem and I used this for maybe another six months.
I then changed to Sky broadband and installed a new netgear router which they sent me and from that very day the download speeds have been awful, 4or 5 kbs with 8 hosts!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Sky broadband is 8 meg, whereupon my previous was only 2 meg.I have done a speed test etc. from one of the links posted here and the results are 2555 download and 350 upload. I am using XP home SP2. Any ideas anyone, but please bear in mind I am no computer whizz. Also when the downloads stopped. I couldn't get free updates any more so I uninstalled the pro version and downloaded the free version again, but to no avail.Thanks,
Peter

Last edited by petero; May 25th, 2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: missing text