View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2007
Old Fart

rpbizzle is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
You're forgetting that LimeWire is not the only program on the network, there are others as well, and many of them do have that option. Also there have been development editions or forks of LimeWire in the wild that had that option. Perhaps two more things you should know: the browse host feature has been buggy in the past when LimeWire would send a malformed request packet so e.g. no results would be returned, and turning it off in some situatations cannot guarantee that no filelists are sent over the network, since if you connect to an ultrapeer, your filelist are sent anyway.
I'm really not concerned about Limewire anymore. I have decided thats it in my best interested not to use it as a host as I had great intentions of doing, but once I seen someone could connect to my computer and start downloading files I clearly removed from "Sharing", It was time for me to stop using it as a host. I assume someone had an old "filelist" that allowed them to get to the file/s I had removed from sharing.
It's also my understanding there are no refunds for this program and thats alright too. It seems like I have a bad habit of learning things the hard way and it ALWAYS seems to come out of my pocket. Such is life!