View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2007
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Please don't think that I was being a smartass by telling you that we're volunteers here...it was to let you know that mine wasn't an 'official' response from LW

There's no email address or phone number for contacting LW, only access to email support if your Pro benefits are current. But even if you were able to contact LW, they'd just tell you that your Pro benefits are out of date & so you're not entitled to support or free updates any more.

The download page does mention that a Pro payment entitles the user to free updates for 6 months & I guess the user has to assume that it's 12 months for the extended Pro. The 'free email support' doesn't mention any time limit & that's something that LW should fix.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be classed as a registered user any more (since your Pro benefits are way out of date & your email address no longer in the database)

If you want to keep using LW, why not stick with the free version? Chances are that you won't notice a huge difference between basic & Pro anyway.
Or, you could try some other Gnutella clients. These are all free & are good apps. Phex & BearShare both look quite different to LW & may take a bit of getting used to, but both are really good. FrostWire is a spin-off of LW & looks very much the same but has integrated IRC chat.

Phex

BearShare

FrostWire