View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2008
1337 Computer Geek

battitude is flying high
Arrow LW Pro 4.16.2 - Program not opening after install - *Fixed w/LimeWire Pro 4.16.3*

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
Version of your Gnutella Client: LimeWire Pro 4.16.2 (Just bought 1 year)
Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL): Fiber

Exact error message, if one pops up: <<no message or error comes up, no screen comes up, the app never opens>>
any other relevant information that you think may help: New install

Just installed LimeWire after I just bought it. LW installed without any problems. When I try to open LW nothing happens. I have been reading posts but most of them, at least something happens, like a blank box at least, for me...Nothing, I have tried reinstalling both LW and Java, to no avail. I tried a vanilla install of java just to see if that was in fact the problem, but it was not, so I have put my system back in its production state. My Java versions are as follows: (Though I run plenty of java apps so I do not know why limewire would be having a problem with java)
Java DB 10.2.2.0
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 SDK
Java(TM) Update 2
Java(TM) Update 3
Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6 Update 3
And again I am trying to run LimeWire Pro 4.16.2 (Side note, I have not tried to run LW Basic on this computer, I just cannot see how it would be any different, you can call me ignorant for not trying this first since I have been in the computer field for more than 17 years professionally)

I have tried multiple reinstalls with simulating windows xp and anything else my head could think of. If you have thought about it, I have most likely tried it. just trying to reach out for the off chance someone has had this same issue or heard of this and can possibly tell me something I may have overlooked into getting this issue resolved, heck I have a year to figure it out I guess. lol, oh well, im always trying to look on the bright side, joking aside for a minute, I just want to get LimeWire working. Thank You for any advice you could shoot over my way. Thanks...

Things to get out of the way so my first 10 posts are not just a waist.
This is not a networking issue, I promise you --- app will not open
Ahh, your second question... no the program is not being blocked by anything, Trouble shooting 101... remember I do have computer experience... yes I have tried reinstalling uninstalling taking out reg keys, rebooted taking off antivirus, reinstalled again, uninstalled java, reinstalled, multiple times and in multiple ways. Hmm what other question might pop up.... no I do not want to downgrade back to XP, and Yes I have plenty of free ram.... ok, I am sure if I missed one or two but I will be able to answer them when they come up. Thanks for any help/advice you can give me on this matter.

Sincerely,
Travis Stewart

Last edited by battitude; January 25th, 2008 at 04:36 AM. Reason: removing unused font tags (weird) /n Changing title to show issue as fixed