View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2008
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

1. Make sure you have the most recent Java version installed. Uninstall older versions via the add/remove programs control panel. Install using the OFFLINE installer Download Java software from Sun Microsystems which is around 15 MB in size. Right-click the Java installer and choose to Run as Administrator if you are using VISTA or Windows 7 or above.

2. Clean up your system registry using either one or both of these utilities: (a) Microsoft Windows Install Clean Up, (b) Crap Cleaner. Sometimes the system registry still has 'old' version parts of files which corrupt attempts at installing or using a particular program. This could be true of your Java (& also possibly your failed attempt at installing LW.)

3. Download & install this Offline version LW: LW website download (Edit: nowadays, see LW installers for Windows.) I stress for VISTA you need to do a few tricks first. I think you need to set the installer to Administrator first. Right-click on the Limewire installer icon on the desktop and click on Run as. Then it should come up showing the current user and then switch it over to Administrator. I am not a VISTA user, so can only advise on my older windows experience.

You may wish to check these topics too: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/genera...ta-issues.html

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 18th, 2008 at 08:19 PM.