View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2008
Novicius

snoxr500 is flying high
Default not having any luck (hardly anything will download)

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) windows XP SP3

2. What firewalls you have? limewire says i do

3. How much ram? 1gb

4. Hard Disk space available? LOTS and LTOS

5. Connection type? DSL

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? siemens speedstreem 4200 and a dlink router with with a linksys plugged in to it as a switch

7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? HOME

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help bar > About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. _ Click to see Sample image LW 4.18.8 java 1.6.0_10

9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? MTS allstream

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? test worked

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. i dont know

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. been trying to fix for a while now, quite experienced

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _ click here to see Sample image i used to and it still didn't work now i dont and it still doesn't work

14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? UPnP enabled

15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall
AVG anti - virus but i think i fully disabled it

16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).Canada

17. Has anything in your setup changed recently? Have you updated your version of LW or Java? Have you added any new software or new hardware? Have you updated any software? Have you moved house, changed internet plan or ISP etc etc? no i had fully reinstalled windows and everything recently and i had the same problem before and now still after

i have a stong connection i WAS able to download torrentz and the ODD song, like maybe 1/500 will download and then they download they download fast, and i also ahve a laptop that doesn't seeem to want to download either but i have ANOTHER laptop seems fine, what am i doing wrong here, before i had any problems i was downloading songs left right and center any help is going to releave this stress kids are bugging me !!!