View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2008
Disciple

bjswalker is flying high
Default Shocking, I know - but my Limewire searches are dead

My particulars: I'm running Windows Vista, just recently upgraded to Limewire Pro 4.18.8 and I have a cable connection that runs through a combo modem router, but for now, the only other active machine on the network is an Xbox and until Gears of War II comes out, it won't be on.

So I've been using Limewire for a couple of years, I think it's been, always the pro version, so I'm used to my happy little Turbo blue connection bars and snappy searches. I noticed a month-ish ago they were slooooooow, so I updated and now they are virtually at a dead stop. I have to hit "get more results" multiple times just to get a handful of results. I'm not searching for anything unusual, these are simple basic searches that I've used before (e-books by publisher) and I am used to 50-100 results per search.

I have:

Added 204.11.219.225 through .231 to my filters
deleted my LW preferences
unticked my license preference box
reverted my popup box to default
disabled ultrapeer, mojito and TLS
I've reinstalled Limewire twice
I've cleaned out my shared and incomplete files
tried Frostwire and didn't do any better with that

I will say that at certain times of the day I do slightly better, but I am absolutely not even remotely close to the kind of searching that I had before. A good search is 25 results and then I have to cross my fingers, toes and eyes that I can download it.

My ISP is the evil empire Charter.

Any help will be most, most appreciated.