View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2009
Novicius

freedomlass is flying high
Default My System Info (LW freezes when loading)

1. OS version? Windows XP Home.
2. What firewalls you have? Window own Firewall
3. How much ram? 1GB
4. Hard Disk space available? 33gb
5. Connection type? Broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Thomson SpeedTouch 580
7. Where are you trying to connect from Bungalow Home
8. What version of LimeWire Did have 4.? Pro now uninstalled, trying to install 5.1.3
9. Who is your ISP AOL (no comments please I know already)
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: I got a blank page with Your test worked!! on it.
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? Wireless connection to a laptop but no p2p sharing, laptom hardly ever on.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. As mentioned above I have used and earlier version for quite some time, but when my Pro ran out I found I couldn't get it to work at all but as I hadn't used for some time I decided to upgrade to 5.1.3 basic but uninstalled old version first.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _No, but then I can't get that far, and I am unable to do the next bit (tool etc) as LW just freezes on loading.
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? Sorry I do not understand this question.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Avast 4.8 freeby.
16. What country are you living in? UK
17. Has anything in your setup changed recently? No
Have you updated your version of LW yes as stated above or Java no already got latest version?
Have you added any new software or new hardware? Software yes, but was still using old version at that time.
Have you updated any software? No
Have you moved house, No
changed internet plan or ISP etc etc? No

I will post my actual problem hopefully in the correct place.
Thank You