View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2010
Novicius

clubdude is flying high
Default Can't reload LW Pro. Purchased 1-10-2010

Hello all.

I called Limewire today, before posting, fyi.

I bought the $13.95 1-time Pro version in January. My computer caught the big ole P2P virus and I had to use the full Recovery disc, which brought it back to the way it was the day I bought the computer.

This computer is a Windows XP with 1,2,& 3 Service Pack's installed. It's as clean as whistle now, so I lost my email with everything else. That means I have no product key (I take blame for not writing it down on paper).

I don't need support or help. I only want my product key I purchased just 2 months ago. I understood the support was for six months, or none at all. I didn't realize that if something happened to my computer that I would not get what I paid for (for the entire term).

The guy on the phone said the email they sent me when I purchased Pro stated that there were no re-installations. It certainly wasn't in bold print, if it was on the email, but regardless, I didn't see that part.

So, it appears that if you buy the one-time Pro deal, and something happens (to computer) one minute after you buy it, you are just out your money. I realize $13.95 is nothing much, but I've never experienced anything like this in my 58 years on this earth. And I've been is sales/marketing all my career. It's the principle of the whole thing. I don't want anything I didn't pay for.

I realized I would not get technical support, but I can't believe they lump furnishing your product key (which is like a receipt to me) that you paid for, into a category that could possibly be considered "support".

So, if I want to renew Pro, I have to pay again. What if the same thing happens tomorrow? If LW thinks this will help them promote Pro, and increase sales, they might need to re-think about how many folks they are turning off, or who will never upgrade, and just use the freebie, after experiencing something like this. I don't know what to do now, but it scares me a little to send them ANY money.

I know this might not be the right forum thread. If it's not, please direct me to the correct one.

Thank you very much.