View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2010
Novicius

fwilliamson is flying high

i'm having this same problem! i can't seem to connect to limewire and it makes me very sad!

1. OS version? - windows 7
2. What firewalls you have? - don't think i have a firewall at all
3. How much ram? - just bought this new computer in august '10 and haven't used it all for anything except checking emails
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) - wireless broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? (eg: Linksys WRT54Gv4) - motorola surfboard model: SBG900
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? - house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help bar > About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. - limewire 5.5
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? - comcast
10. Click on this port test link & tell us what happens. If you see "Success" listed at very top left of screen, then at least this port is not blocked for you. If you cannot reach this page, then something is blocking this test page or this connection port. Click to see Sample image. (Some browser or computer security may block you from accessing this page. However, generally if you cannot reach this page it means this connection port is blocked for you.) - can NOT load this site. did not receive a success sign
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. - roommate's dell computer, same functions as myself - just checks emails. she cannot load limewire either
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. - i have used limewire at this house before with my old computer. i have uninstalled and reinstalled limewire a few times and it still does not work
13. (a) Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface (only for LW 4 users)? _ (b) How many red or grey or green bars do you see at bottom left of LW's screen? (all red or grey or only 1 or 2 green bars means disconnected) - for limewire 5, there is nothing in that area to show whether i have been blocked by a firewall or not
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? - i'm not sure.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall - i have webroot security?
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). - living in USA
17. Has anything in your setup changed recently? Have you updated your version of LW or Java? Have you added any new software or new hardware? Have you updated any software? Have you moved house, changed internet plan or ISP etc etc? - have not moved or chagned internet plan...i might have updated java. i also have an updated version of LW because it is a newer computer but like i said, my roommate is also having problems and we both never had problems before.

please help, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.