View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2012
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianko722 View Post
PLEASE TELL ME I'M DREAMING! I've downloaded and installed LW v.4.18.8. When I run searches - in the results pane in the lower half of the screen, there's no scroll button on the side to scroll down and view all of the results that come in ...
There should be a green scroll bar to the right of the search pane. Sounds to me like you need to re-size the program. Grab the bottom-right corner and drag across to the right and down a little. This will probably solve the issue.

LW will NOT open/run with new Java 7/FX installed. Must delete and run Java (TM) 6, Update 33. Can LW be modified to run newest Java?-lw4-scrollbar.gif (Scroll bar after a search and download) LW will NOT open/run with new Java 7/FX installed. Must delete and run Java (TM) 6, Update 33. Can LW be modified to run newest Java?-lw4resize.gif (Resize LW and adjust the Search result window size)

If the LW 4 download window is empty it will not show. Thus if you have no incomplete files or files downloading you will not see the download window. What I do is re-size both the main interface, the search results and download windows to how it best suits me. You can re-size the search results and download window by holding your cursor where the little black arrows are below and to the left of the search results window and you will see your cursor change to arrows so you can drag the window up or down. Also, if you actually click either of the black arrows you will only see the search results or download window. Click it again to reverse that. I think up arrow is search results and vice versa but I might be wrong.

If this does not bring the scroll bar into view no matter how large you make the window after a search, then you might be best to delete your preferences folder (backing up your downloads file first.) Deleting LW's preferences folder for XP and earlier

Overall I liked LW 4 the best. I loved all the extra tools it had. Especially the direct connect, the advanced description tool, ability to arrange downloads and search results via size or date modified, etc. The Windows version of LW 4 looks quite old now; a little blocky. The MacOSX LW 4 interface looked a little more streamline and smooth than the Windows version.

RE: Thread/Post subscription and email notifications of replies.
BTW a week ago I manually sent you an email via the administration tools just as a test. If you did not receive it then sounds like the forum's email is not on your email's safe list. Either that or did you change email addresses since you registered at G.F.? I can change it for you if you need, just send me a private message with the details. Or you can change it yourself in your profile from memory.
However, we do admit that the forum server has been having hiccups for a period now and some emails are not going out at times. (BTW do not reply to the forum emails if you ever do receive them. The forum's mail-server is only set up for sending email not receiving. We have a separate email account (MyWay) for receiving emails for the Contact Us links on the forum.)