View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2014
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJx View Post
... loaded the hostiles.txt automatically if the file exits.
Maybe I've been wrong. The hostiles was supposed to work for both LW 4 & 5, but in my testing did not appear to work. Doing full Japanese blocks was my way of verifying this. This includes both the BearShare format & the other format I use. I guess one way to verify this is to check if any Japanese hosts are connected to, either in connections or uploads/downloads or search results. LW only seemed to read the hostiles with the addition of the line I mentioned earlier, which can be found here: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/limewi...o-basic-4.html ie: PATH_TO_BLACK_LISTED_IP_ADDRESSES= ... which was a hit/miss guess adjusted concept I took from the LW portable, but seemed to work for LW on all platforms.
Testing will show one way or the other work.

BTW using the hostiles with LW4 resulted in no connections at all (or attempted connections in connection window.) The program just seemed to freeze almost, whether using LW on Mac or Windows. Using the above line fixed that issue.