View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2020
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Sorry for the slow response as I've personally been away. Unfortunately we are unable to give support for any FrostWire version after 4. These later FW versions are torrent only and are compiled differently to the versions that ran on the gnutella network. We know little to nothing about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixey29 View Post
... MacOSXUtils
INFO: MacOSXUtils::setLoginStatus(allow=false) could not find "FrostWire.app" folder in this executable directory (perhaps running from source), not attempting to add/remove from macOS startup list
From my understanding the FW developer made changes to the MacOSXUtils. Not sure if your version is before or after the changes because the earlier version of utils was buggy. It would be worth checking to see if there is an update to fix the bug.

Other than your quote, much of the following refers to a different program but similar problems with java.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixey29 View Post
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.ResourceManager (file:/Users/mac/Library/Application%20Support/FrostWire/frostwire.jar) to constructor com.apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.ResourceManager
Last year a non-FW dev made the comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatinb View Post
... I guess the Aqua look-and-feel on java is more broken than I thought.
Aqua look-and-feel crashed the program I had been using at the time on EC (not FW, a different program.)

I am also not sure how well java 13 behaves on OSX 10.11. Though it might be more of a java 13 versus macos issue according to other reports I've seen or been told about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatinb View Post
I was able to reproduce this. The only thing that I changed for the Mac packaging was the Java version, so I switched back to 11 and now it works. ...
Keeping in mind I am referring to a different (non-torrent) java based program but sometimes the problems are similar re: java issues.