Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2003
Distinguished Member

trap_jaw is flying high
Default Re: What Happened? I can't DL

Quote:
Originally posted by germ240
Since Limewire was so insistant that I upgrade to the 2.9.8 I did only to find that I can't DL. What Happened guys? There is DEFINATELY soemthing coded incorrectly.
No it's not.

--Fischmob
Old April 13th, 2003
Novicius

germ240 is flying high
Default I'd rather Go Back to the earlier version

I am quite convinced that there is definately something weirding going on with 2.9.8. I am still having a difficult time downloading. NEVER had this problem before. Please put an earlier verison up for downloading. I am a Pro User and customer. I will always use Limewire. This new version has curtailed my internet surfing. Please fix this problem!
Again,
Thanks in advance
Old April 13th, 2003
Novicius

thebigname is flying high
Lightbulb 2.9.8 (standard) seems to work ok

So it seems this little problem is causing quite a stir. Having read some of everyone's comments, would seem downgrading might be the answer, at least in the short term. Everyone seems to be pointing towards 2.8.6 though. However, have just visited brilliant site (posted by Trap-Jaw), listing all of the previous versions of LimeWire and have installed 2.9.8.2 (actually, 2.9.8 standard ed - not pro) and have made my frist successful download for quite a while.

Could just be beginner's luck, but you might like to give it a go.

Check it out at:
Pick Your Version Here
Old April 14th, 2003
Novicius

thebigname is flying high
Unhappy Re: 2.9.8 (standard) seems to work ok

Quote:
Originally posted by thebigname
So it seems this little problem is causing quite a stir. Having read some of everyone's comments, would seem downgrading might be the answer, at least in the short term. Everyone seems to be pointing towards 2.8.6 though. However, have just visited brilliant site (posted by Trap-Jaw), listing all of the previous versions of LimeWire and have installed 2.9.8.2 (actually, 2.9.8 standard ed - not pro) and have made my frist successful download for quite a while.

Could just be beginner's luck, but you might like to give it a go.

Check it out at:
Pick Your Version Here
OK, so looks like beginner's luck. Managed to download 98% and then... game over! Have not reinstalled 2.8.6 like everyone else, but to be honest, it's not much better. The only difference is that now, I'm being told to "Wait 59... 58... 57... 56... for1 busy". It did as to wait for "8 busy", so I can only assume this is an improvement? Does anyone know what all this means?

When I let the countdown reach 0, the download seemed to fail. So I have kept clicking resume instead.

Just increased to waiting for "2 busy" - Doh!

That's odd - now says 100% downloaded but not able to move to library. I'm only reporting what I see. Hope not to confuse but to share.

Over to you...
Old April 14th, 2003
Alvyn Chypmonque

Default Downgrading made life good again!

Thanks to trap_jaw and thebigname for posting the previous versions! I uninstalled 2.9.8 and re-installed 2.8.6 and everything works fine again. Yay! Highly recommended! I downloaded more in the first 5 minutes than I got in an hour of 2.9.8! Thank y'all again for making those available; you rule!
Old April 14th, 2003
Novicius

smack25 is flying high
Angry LIMEWIRE IS DEAD DOESN'T WORK

I agreed with most posts here ditch this pig. the program is a dud and hardly worked in the first place. I have noticed others are allowed to upload from me even though I can't find a single result or when I do (they have been few and far between) THERE IS NO HOPE IN DOWNLOADING IT. This is a pro user that spent money on this waste of a time upgrade. The program did work in the past, but had the most amount of unconnects that I have ever encountered from any service. DITCH THIS PIG.
Old April 14th, 2003
Distinguished Member

trap_jaw is flying high
Default Re: LIMEWIRE IS DEAD DOESN'T WORK

Quote:
Originally posted by smack25
I agreed with most posts here ditch this pig. the program is a dud and hardly worked in the first place. I have noticed others are allowed to upload from me even though I can't find a single result or when I do (they have been few and far between) THERE IS NO HOPE IN DOWNLOADING IT. This is a pro user that spent money on this waste of a time upgrade. The program did work in the past, but had the most amount of unconnects that I have ever encountered from any service. DITCH THIS PIG.
I'm sorry the new LimeWire doesn't work for you. But I since I have downloaded like 30 complete albums in two days with the newest of the new versions I cannot confirm your problem.

--Fischmob
Old April 17th, 2003
Novicius

Justame is flying high

Trap_Jaw, it is great that you can download so successfully when the majority of the rest of us can't. Unfortunately the rest of us do not have the benefit of your prowess with tweeking your program. I applaud your loyalty to Limewire but when will you admit that maybe, just maybe, there is actually somethihg wrong with the new version? Can so many people be wrong? Just a thought.

Thanks for your effort to help us uneducated users though.
Old April 17th, 2003
Distinguished Member

trap_jaw is flying high

Yes, so many people can be wrong. And, - although a couple of things are wrong with the new version, all of those problems have been around for quite some time and they definitely concerned version 2.8.6.

--Fischmob
Old April 17th, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

I have a few days to try 2.9.8 on OSX again: I'm interested in the 2.9.8.2 referred to by thebigname.
--Could someone tell me the difference between the two (and who to thank)?
--does it matter whether I downloaded from the www3.limewire.com or the www9.limewire.com, since both have the same number of bytes?
--any tips on what to watch for that might help the developers?

Cheers, and Happy Easter.