Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Chat - Open Topics - The Lounge
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Chat - Open Topics - The Lounge A place to chat about anything as long as it abides by the forum rules. (Video jokes are not allowed to be posted in this section and will be deleted.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2005
Devotee

assassin is flying high
Unhappy just bought limewire pro

hi,guys I,dont understand limewire....please someone help me,I type in the song I want ,like ''hart of the sunrise by YESS..then it say I,need more connections....so what do I do..type in the name of a song then wait to see if they find it...and why cant I hear the song,I,am really mixed up ...willsome one help this old man get started..........................................t hanks
Old March 3rd, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

In order to preview a song you must have already downloaded a % of that song. You can only preview as much as you've downlded. So for eg: If you'd downloaded 5% of H.O.T. Sunrise would be perhaps 15 to 20 seconds available to preview.

Try to select files to download that have many stars of download quality. 4 stars is the best unless you're downlding over a lan. And also try to choose those that have multiple sources (ie: many people have it) under the # column.

Here's some hints that might come in handy: A well set-up LW can start to automatically continue its dwnlding after it's settled down perhaps 2 out of 3 times you open LW. Optimising LW & Maximising Uplds & Dwnlds A (1st post only) & also Part B which is even better & last & least are search & dwnld hints. The latter one I've been thinking about re-writing for some time. That's just for playing it safe. eg- I show all speeds & qualities.

eg: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...028#post116028
Old March 3rd, 2005
Devotee

assassin is flying high
Default I,am lost

how can I tell I have ''the PRO VERISON''that I paid for...help
Old March 3rd, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Go to LW's menu Help>About Limewire... select & it will tell you the version no., the version of Java & whether it is the Pro version.
Attached Images
File Type: gif lw-4.6.gif (2.7 KB, 144 views)
Old March 4th, 2005
Devotee

assassin is flying high
Default limewire

it say limewire.....4.8...but it does ___not say
LIMEWIRE PRO wow
Old March 4th, 2005
ContraBanned

If you bought LW but it's not the Pro version then perhaps you bought it thru a scam site; see: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...5&pagenumber=1

Or else if you did pay $18.88 from the official site you can check for your personal download page HERE (click on link.)

The official LW download site: http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml
Old March 4th, 2005
Devotee

assassin is flying high
Unhappy thanks lord of the rings

now I need o straighten out this pro issue,then I can start doing something and learning