|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Windows Problems with installing LimeWire for Windows users|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Try this: Limewires pop up screens not clickable.... If you are using VISTA, set the installer to Run as Admin. after right-clicking it. If that doesn't work, change compatibility mode via right-clicking & choosing. Oh & you must have Java 1.6 (6) for LW 5 version.
* NOTE: to connect with any of the following programs, you will need to either run LPE ConnectFix 2013 (*Recommended* for LW 4 or 5) . . The LW install packages have Connection installers included. LW must be closed when you use a connection fix installer. If does not connect first time, close LW, wait 2 minutes, then use the Fix again.) This will allow you to connect whether using LW 5 or LW 4 OR see Birdy's If LW 5 Will Not Connect.
Recently included security package with each of these LW installers to install before you install LW. The security packages include a connection fix but the connection file might be out of date by the time you use it.
ie: (1) Do the suggested installation steps included with the installers. . (2) Add LimeWire to your Firewall exception rules. . (3) If LimeWire does not connect, then close LW & make sure LW is totally closed & not sitting in Tray (check Task Manager, if still running, force LW to close.) . (4) Run the Connection-Fix program. . (5) Open LW again, wait up ro 20 mins for LW to connect. . (6) Repeat Connection-Fix process if necessary whilst LW is closed.
To install any LW 5 including LimeWire Pirate Edition under Java 7 (1.7), there are a couple of tricks you need to do:
1. If using Vista or Windows 7 or later, set the Java 7 (1.7) installer to Run as Administrator. Otherwise it will contribute to connection problems.
2. For LW 5 versions only, if you are using Java 7 then use the LW-Java Shortcut installer. (Alternative is to install Java 1.6 instead.) LimeWire 4 versions are unaffected and will run fine with Java 1.7.
When updating Java 7, always update the 32-bit Java last. Otherwise problems with LW will occur.
Windows 8 is not packaged with Java, so you will need to install Java to use LW. Remember to set the Java installer to Run as Administrator.
LW versions from 4 to 5 are listed on this page. Under no circumstances attempt to run versions of LW after LW 5.5.10 or earlier than LW 4. (exception is the LW 5.6 beta.) . Do not use versions between 5.0 to 5.1. Such users are known as spammers on the network. . LW 5 installers are listed half way down this post.
People who still have active LW Pro 5.5 activation on their computer will still be able to use LW 5 in Pro mode if you use any of the LW 5.5 or 5.6 beta installers included below. This only applies to present Pro 5.5 Pro users, does not apply to any other users. Else the program is used in Basic mode. It is not possible to activate new Pro 5.5 users even with the Pro key code. Activation might also be time limited.
Not sure where to post this so shall post it here. Some people who are unable to use the later LW versions for whatever reasons, after having tried the fixes here may need to use an older version. This might be due to their older operating system unable to use the later Java versions. Or might be due to their specific system set up. So I am posting some links to older versions of LW. Under normal circumstances these should not be used, however if you fall into the above category, then here are some options:
(Mac OSX users only click here) . . (Linux users only click here)
* If downgrading from LW 5, you need to see THIS (click on link)
You should be aware that all LW versions after 4.17 no longer upload to versions older than 4.14, thus you would be losing out connecting to much of the network for finding and sharing files.
* To choose from a download folder, find all Windows LW versions 4 and 5 "here" (disable your browser's AdBlock to use the FileCloud site (previously called iFileIt). Sample image download instructions using FW4 as an example.) But first, check LW version details below.
Mirror site: 4Shared download folder. Instructions for downloading from 4Shared.com. You need to be a member of 4Shared to download from their site (using Morpheus Fix as an example): 4Shared sample image
LimeWire 4 versions
No version earlier than 4 should be used nowadays. They will most likely be blocked by later versions & other gnutella program clients.
LimeWire 4.12.6.zip ____ LimeWire 4.12.15.zip ____ LimeWire 4.14.8.zip / Mirror ____ LimeWire 4.14.12.zip / Mirror ____ *LimeWire 4.16.7.zip * _____ Before downgrading from either LW 5 or 4.18, please see Downgrading to LimeWire 4 from 5 & resuming incomplete downloads
LW 4.18.8 version found here LimeWire 4.18.8.zip
Otherwise use a LW 5 version.
You should check the versions here Changelog - LimeWire 5 only to see what bugs they may have had at the time. (sorry, the Gnutella forum are in process of re-doing the changelog for users. The original LW location has closed down.)
LimeWire 5 versions
Those wishing to remain with LW 5, do NOT go beyond version 5.5.10 for versions 5.5.x, which can be obtained here LW 5.5.10 (click on link) (Released 24 June 2010.)
You will not be able to connect unless you change your Gnutella.net file, see If LW 5 Will Not Connect about how to do, OR run one of the Connection-Fix programs. Takes a fraction of a second to run. This will allow you to connect whether using LW 5 or LW 4. (Remember LW must be closed before you run the Connection Fix programs.)
Other LW 5 versions: LW 5.5.9 (29 May 2010.) . . LW 5.5.8 (24 March 2010.) . . LW 5.4.8 (20 Feb 2010.) . . LW 5.4.6 (16 December 2009.) . . LW 5.3.6 (30 September 2009.)
* Recommended: . LPE Special Edition LW 5.6.2 adapted version . (No legal notice, connects easily, runs like Pro mode; this version by File_Girl71 to remove the ugly splash screen! More information here.)
* To use any LimeWire 5 version under Java 7 (1.7) see Limewire 5.6.2(pirate edition) and java 1.7
LimeWire 4 is not affected by this issue.
Beta versions . LimeWire Changelog link
LW 5.6.0 was a Beta released a couple months before 5.5.10, it did include some additions which had not yet made it into the mainstream program. For those who wish to use it, LW 5.6.0 (20 April 2010.) (this version is safe to use!).
LW 5.6.1 (10 May 2010.) (this version is safe to use!).
LW prototypes-lightweight, . . LW prototypes-lan-mode, . . LW prototypes-geo-restrict
(Prototypes released on 4 May 2010 except Lightweight on 18 May 2010. The Prototypes were spin-off versions from LW 5.5/5.6 however may have their own version number.) . (Lightweight was designed to use less computer resources than regular LW and is half the file-size but same functionality. LAN mode, speaks for itself, designed to run on a local network presumably LAN or WAN. Geo-Restrict was designed to search & share files around local geographic area/region.)
LimeWirePortable_22.214.171.124.paf.exe (Released 9 December 2009.) . (No installation necessary, can use on any portable device that's connected to internet. eg: flash drive, external HDD, etc. The Portable was supposedly based on LW version 5.3, however looks more like version 5.0 or 5.1)
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; March 27th, 2013 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Added Connect/Security installers with LW4. Added LW5-Java Shortcuts for using with Java 7. Added Mirror Download link.
Can anyone help me???
I am having difficulties getting limewire to run. I keep getting a fatal error stating that the program cannot start, and it may have encountered a problem downloading or installing, to try again. I have done so many many times with no luck. I have double checked all of my security settings and allow limewire to loop.... It's very frustrating seeing how i just purchased the program. I really hate to go with the older version unless i can get my money refunded.. Any tips??? (BTW I'm using a brand new Dell computer with tons of capacity..and running windows xp.)
Can anyone help me????
Which version of LW are you running?
I'd suggest you do these things: Limewires pop up screens not clickable.... (For you, get your installer from your Pro page, however you probably already have a copy on your desktop right?). Also delete your LW preferences folder: Fixes for Limewire when LW isn't operating as it should
'Generally' the answer to such fatal errors is running LW in a particular mode. See points 5 & 6 here: Fixes for Limewire (click on blue link). If running Vista then choose XP compatibility. Also, whether using Vista or not, set it to run as Admin.
program would not install
when i download the program i keep getting the same error message about my fire wall. i followed every help thread i could find and shut off every security option on the pc and still no good. i had an old version before my pc crashed and i upgraded to XP. HELP
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/windows/43845-if-limewire-fails-install.html
|LimeWire 5 2 Windows (File Girl) - 4shared.com download||Post #0||Refback||September 28th, 2012 10:22 PM|
|Info about file LimeWire 4 ConnectFix 2012.zip - General Files||Post #0||Refback||September 20th, 2012 12:44 PM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition 5.6.2 hacked - Leecher Mods -||Post #0||Refback||December 16th, 2011 01:50 AM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition 5.6.2 hacked - Soup von mods||Post #0||Refback||September 27th, 2011 07:49 AM|
|File Sharing | 9TT.eu - Page 2||Post #0||Refback||September 22nd, 2011 01:28 PM|
|Noise » LimeWire Pirate Edition||Post #0||Refback||September 21st, 2011 03:53 PM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire||Post #0||Refback||August 16th, 2011 09:30 AM|
|impossible installer limewire - Logiciels - Forums Micro Hebdo||This thread||Refback||June 25th, 2011 09:43 AM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire | MX510||Post #0||Refback||June 18th, 2011 08:00 PM|
|YouTorrent Blog » 2010 » October||Post #0||Refback||May 16th, 2011 08:27 AM|
|Gothic Fashion: Corsets, Hairstyles, and Punky Makeup||This thread||Trackback:||January 31st, 2011 09:21 PM|
|Leecher Mods - : LimeWire Pirate Edition 5.6.2 hacked||Post #0||Refback||January 1st, 2011 12:09 AM|
|Leecher Mods - : Short FAQ||Post #0||Refback||December 10th, 2010 08:50 AM|
|[TorrentFreak] Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire - me*dia*or||Post #0||Refback||December 4th, 2010 11:13 AM|
|Leecher Mods - - boosted by feedcat.net||Post #0||Refback||November 22nd, 2010 06:02 AM|
|2010 November | 9TT.eu||Post #0||Refback||November 16th, 2010 08:35 PM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition hacked | 9TT.eu||Post #0||Refback||November 15th, 2010 04:51 PM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition 5.6.2 hacked - Leecher Mods -||Post #0||Refback||November 14th, 2010 05:43 PM|
|Leecher Mods -||Post #0||Refback||November 14th, 2010 12:24 PM|
|Noise » Limewire Alternatives||Post #0||Refback||November 12th, 2010 08:16 AM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire | InstantIdiocy||Post #0||Refback||November 9th, 2010 07:13 PM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire | TechFreq News=-||Post #0||Refback||November 7th, 2010 09:44 PM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire RapidShare, MegaUpload, HotFile Free Full Version Warez Download with Crack, Serial, Keygen | Downloads and News||Post #0||Refback||November 6th, 2010 03:34 AM|
|Limewire Still Working | IDTorrent Blog||Post #0||Refback||November 5th, 2010 03:33 PM|
|://allthings-bare: Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire||Post #0||Refback||November 2nd, 2010 12:33 AM|
|Limewire Court | IDTorrent Blog||Post #0||Refback||October 31st, 2010 07:07 PM|
|YouTorrent Blog||Post #0||Refback||October 30th, 2010 07:50 PM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire | Systema||Post #0||Refback||October 30th, 2010 03:44 PM|
|Untitled document||Post #0||Refback||October 30th, 2010 01:12 PM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire - Torrentech: electronic music torrent downloads||Post #0||Refback||October 28th, 2010 01:37 PM|
|LimeWire||Post #0||Refback||October 28th, 2010 12:05 PM|
|TorrentFreak||Post #0||Refback||October 28th, 2010 03:34 AM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire | Tech Repost||Post #0||Refback||October 27th, 2010 08:11 PM|
|Instant Idiocy - Smarter than it sounds.||Post #0||Refback||October 27th, 2010 08:03 PM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire||Post #0||Refback||October 27th, 2010 05:10 PM|
|Noise » Limewire Replacement||Post #0||Refback||October 27th, 2010 02:55 PM|
|Dozens of Great Alternatives To LimeWire | TorrentFreak||Post #0||Refback||October 27th, 2010 11:31 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Limewire installation fails||Unregistered||General Windows Support||12||May 11th, 2010 06:20 PM|
|fails to install||niki34698||Windows||3||February 2nd, 2010 01:10 AM|
|Limewire fails to initialize||r8rfan1010||Connection Problems||13||May 17th, 2009 08:09 PM|
|Java fails to install||GutSpiller||Windows||4||July 18th, 2005 01:08 PM|
|Download of Limewire fails||Unregistered||General Windows Support||0||December 7th, 2001 08:36 PM|