Gnutella Forums

Gnutella Forums (http://www.gnutellaforums.com/)
-   FrostWire (http://www.gnutellaforums.com/frostwire/)
-   -   HELP PLEASE!!! FROSTWIRE CAN't CONNECT!! (http://www.gnutellaforums.com/frostwire/63279-help-please-frostwire-cant-connect.html)

Lord of the Rings November 26th, 2006 05:02 PM

Not sure. Ask one of their techs if they're honest enough or knowledgable to tell you.

Enabling open info ... is normal. Everybody sees that.

See what happens when you download a magnet link from a site: http://www.magnetmix.com/video.shtml

KillerMike November 26th, 2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
Not sure. Ask one of their techs if they're honest enough or knowledgable to tell you.

Enabling open info ... is normal. Everybody sees that.

See what happens when you download a magnet link from a site: http://www.magnetmix.com/video.shtml

I cannot download anything of that site, whenever I try it says "firefox doesn't know how to open this address". Do I need to do something to fix this?

Lord of the Rings November 26th, 2006 05:24 PM

Ah ... you've tried several different p2p programs so probably neither LW or FW are the defaults to handle magnet links. LW 4.13 beta I think allows you to make a choice. But perhaps if Cox is doing the dirty deeds it's not worth bothering installing the beta.

KillerMike November 26th, 2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
Ah ... you've tried several different p2p programs so probably neither LW or FW are the defaults to handle magnet links. LW 4.13 beta I think allows you to make a choice. But perhaps if Cox is doing the dirty deeds it's not worth bothering installing the beta.

I'll try it, just download LW 4.13 beta then try the magnet links? I don't think Cox has done anything yet, if nothing works I'll probably call then up and ask.

KillerMike November 26th, 2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerMike
I'll try it, just download LW 4.13 beta then try the magnet links? I don't think Cox has done anything yet, if nothing works I'll probably call then up and ask.

Okay, I downloaded limewire and was able to start downloading a link from the magnet site. What does this mean?

So what I got now, on frostwire I can search, but it shows I have a firewall up and on limewire I can search and it shows I have no firewall. But on both of them whenever I try to download something its always just says connecting or needs more sources...

Lord of the Rings November 26th, 2006 05:47 PM

So what happened with the magnet link? You said it started to downld. Did it stop or did you cancel it?

My guess is if you're getting a firewall with FW but not with LW, then they're both trying to access the same port in the same session. Change the listening port of one or the other. And even the connection port if possible. ie: temporarily turn UPnP off, change connection port & listening port to a high number. Then turn UPnP back on. I'm not sure if this will work but just a thought as an experiment. Since Upnp will tend to choose its own ports sometimes. You may need to restart the program for it to work. I'd suggest you do this for FrostWire since that's the one that's seeing the firewall.

KillerMike November 26th, 2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
So what happened with the magnet link? You said it started to downld. Did it stop or did you cancel it?

My guess is if you're getting a firewall with FW but not with LW, then they're both trying to access the same port in the same session. Change the listening port of one or the other. And even the connection port if possible. ie: temporarily turn UPnP off, change connection port & listening port to a high number. Then turn UPnP back on. I'm not sure if this will work but just a thought as an experiment. Since Upnp will tend to choose its own ports sometimes. You may need to restart the program for it to work. I'd suggest you do this for FrostWire since that's the one that's seeing the firewall.

The magnet link worked fine, it started to download but I canceled it. And thanks for the help so far, I'm gonna go try it out. Is there a certain number I should use for the listening port?

Okay, I just restored default on FW on now it shows no firewall, so now the only problem is I can't find any sources...

Lord of the Rings November 26th, 2006 06:04 PM

lol :D well that's now a upload & download issue. Beware of this Fake files in search results

To find music see How to find music

KillerMike November 26th, 2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
lol :D well that's now a upload & download issue. Beware of this Fake files in search results

To find music see How to find music

Haha, I did all this when I found out I shouldn't search both Artist and Song name at the same time. :rolleyes: Ah..at least I learned a lot about frostwire. Haha. Anyway thanks a lot for all the help.

lauritastlouis November 26th, 2006 06:24 PM

i checked with charter, and they said that they don't filter ports, nor do they monitor anything other than kiddie porn and the like. i tried LW again and downloaded several files at random. I downloaded my first try at an audio file and it worked swimmingly. when i tried to download several different video files, i only got one to work, and that was an adult file. I wonder if it's limewire that's the problem????? no one has mentioned if they are only unable to DL audio, video, etc.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Copyright 2020 Gnutella Forums.
All Rights Reserved.